• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His only saving grace is that we bring in 1-2 signings tomorrow who give the squad a morale boost ie. A Jelavic type impact.

I never wanted him as manager but 7th should give him a 2nd season.

Anything below 7th and I would look elswhere come the seasons end based on current performances which are no better than Alladyce performances.

On a night where City lost at Newcastle and United just about salvaged a draw at home to Burnley, having a go at the manager for not winning by enough goals seems pretty unfair to me.

I'd like to see Silva given time but unfortunately it looks like many fans have already decided they want him out and it doesn't matter what happens they'll just stick with that. Once that happens it's a matter of time until the trigger is pulled. Let's just hope that whoever we replace him with plays scintillating football and wins every week, otherwise they'll be in trouble pretty quickly.
For me it wasn't about the goals,never expected more than the odd goal win,it was more about controlling the game.We got lucky a few times.

For me it wasn't about the goals,never expected more than the odd goal win,it was more about controlling the game.We got lucky a few times.
Yeah there's no doubt we're not a brilliant side at the moment, but it feels like people want to talk down the good football we played at times earlier in the season because we didn't win, but also talk down when we do win because we haven't played good football.

For 2 days the forum's been full of people saying he's lost the players, there's no morale, we've got no backbone, I can't see where the next win's coming from, he's not capable of getting a reaction. We go away from home to a side with a new manager who's had 10 days to get ready for this game, we've had a 2 day turnaround, a couple of injuries before and during the game, we've gone down to 10 men but gutsed out a win, and the reaction is that we didn't play well enough.

I have no idea if Silva can take us where we want to be but I believe in giving credit where it's due. There's bigger tests to come but we're a side that has been known to go 12 months without winning an away game so I don't turn my nose up at any win personally.

Yeah there's no doubt we're not a brilliant side at the moment, but it feels like people want to talk down the good football we played at times earlier in the season because we didn't win, but also talk down when we do win because we haven't played good football.

For 2 days the forum's been full of people saying he's lost the players, there's no morale, we've got no backbone, I can't see where the next win's coming from, he's not capable of getting a reaction. We go away from home to a side with a new manager who's had 10 days to get ready for this game, we've had a 2 day turnaround, a couple of injuries before and during the game, we've gone down to 10 men but gutsed out a win, and the reaction is that we didn't play well enough.

I have no idea if Silva can take us where we want to be but I believe in giving credit where it's due. There's bigger tests to come but we're a side that has been known to go 12 months without winning an away game so I don't turn my nose up at any win personally.
Can't disagree,I think Saturday will give a clearer idea of where we are,at a mínimum we should be winning the best of the rest trophy.

Koeman did really well in that first season. How did it go so wrong for him?
Playing 5 out of the top 6 at the start of the season plus the ridiculous Europa lge and qualifying rounds that started in July.
After that start the team was shot.
Regardless of what anyone thought of him as a manager, that was a recipe for a major disaster. I think we all forebodings.

I didn’t think we could grind out a win like last night under Silva. Saturday is another must win. We are a better team than them and need to start to show it. But on the other side of the coin it was only Huddersfield last night and we struggled to create chances again. The summer is key to offload and acquire some quality in midfield. We need a Barkley who is willing to run at the defence. Sigurdsson isn’t that player.

His only saving grace is that we bring in 1-2 signings tomorrow who give the squad a morale boost ie. A Jelavic type impact.

I never wanted him as manager but 7th should give him a 2nd season.

Anything below 7th and I would look elswhere come the seasons end based on current performances which are no better than Alladyce performances.

And you'll be on here moaning this time next year about the next manager even though they'll be dealing with the same circumstances.

Only 6 months in the job and the squad filled with utter guff.

Get in the bin lad.

But that's the thing, we haven't had a win and a good performance for months.

What's the point in talking about the alright football we played at the beginning of the season when we haven't seen it for ages?

We judge him on what he's done for us lately which hasn't been impressive at all.

I don't see how he comes out of last night with too much credit. We rode our luck and won 1-0, never looked like scoring the second goal and almost managed to throw away the points with a sending off.

He needed a win and I'm very happy we got one but I don't think he deserves too much praise for it. Surely with our squad we have to be looking to win those games and I see this result as just about making expectations rather than exceeding them.

But that's the thing, we haven't had a win and a good performance for months.

What's the point in talking about the alright football we played at the beginning of the season when we haven't seen it for ages?

We judge him on what he's done for us lately which hasn't been impressive at all.

I don't see how he comes out of last night with too much credit. We rode our luck and won 1-0, never looked like scoring the second goal and almost managed to throw away the points with a sending off.

He needed a win and I'm very happy we got one but I don't think he deserves too much praise for it. Surely with our squad we have to be looking to win those games and I see this result as just about making expectations rather than exceeding them.
That's perfectly fair.

I'm not saying he deserves praise, just credit. People were saying the team weren't playing for him and he couldn't get a reaction; whatever you want to say about the football, they proved that wrong last night and it should be noted. Again, this might all be redundant and we might lose the next 5 or whatever, but I still don't like the fact that some people are quite openly saying they don't really care how well he does from now on because they've already made their mind up. 25 games in to a 3 year deal, and people are saying it's already too late for him to prove them wrong. It's ridiculous and I don't apologise for saying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.