• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning last night has really helped. It's now looking unlikely that we'll get dragged into a scrap, therefore, like Allardyce, he has the rest of the season to prove he can get the team to play progressive football. If he does, great, and we can plan for next season. However, I am hoping that Moshiri and Brands have talked, and Brands is scouting for a new manager that we can get in the summer if necessary.
It's alleged we were playing progressive football up until December.Scaping past a doomed side doesn't fill me with hope.

After the expensive dismissals of Martin/Koeman/Allyrdyce I wonder if there are clauses in the contract with Silva which would allow him to be sacked without costing the club a fortune ?
That said, I think we need to accept that last season was very poor and we still have too many over paid players at the club which are costing a fortune.
I think a final finishing place of 8th-10th would be accepted as well as off loading as many unwanted players as possible.

The recruitment over the summer will be the responsibility of Brands working with Silva and as he has been brought onto the board of directors he obviously has the confidence of Moshiri .

Koeman was bang average in that first season. Did well to get points on the board early but we were pretty dreadful in a lot of games. Didn't expect him to crash so badly but he was never going to do much better than average. Utter waste of time and has set us back a couple of seasons at least.

Silva, whilst not being the best we could have gotten and although having a crap season, still has the potential to do more for me if it works out. And I prefer the potential to achieve more, with the higher risk of it going wrong, rather than the guarantees of averageness of the last two jokers.

Even if Silva doesn't work out I hope we have seen the last of hiring cautious percentage football managers like the last two and Moyes.

Take gambles like the one with Silva and aim for more.....hopefully with the safety net of Brands recruiting players under a genuine consistent strategy where the managers hired have to fit into it.

Ridiculous comparison. One of these managers saved our club, the other two almost destroyed it.

The club have backed him, think that should be an end of it till the summer. Even if you pulled the plug now you'd have more to pay off and it would be harder to get a good replacement out of whatever job they're presumably in. Get to the summer and reassess, till then he needs all the support from within and outside the club. Let's face it, he's having to deal with a lot of problems not of his making.

It's alleged we were playing progressive football up until December.Scaping past a doomed side doesn't fill me with hope.
On a night where City lost at Newcastle and United just about salvaged a draw at home to Burnley, having a go at the manager for not winning by enough goals seems pretty unfair to me.

I'd like to see Silva given time but unfortunately it looks like many fans have already decided they want him out and it doesn't matter what happens they'll just stick with that. Once that happens it's a matter of time until the trigger is pulled. Let's just hope that whoever we replace him with plays scintillating football and wins every week, otherwise they'll be in trouble pretty quickly.

Should never have been sold, not without a replacement in first.

Consistent 20+ goal scorers are such a rarity in the Premier League.
How can you keep a player when he is flat out refusing to sign a contract and the offer was crazy OTT?
Yes we should of bought a better striker then Sandro but we had no choice because Rom basically did a Barkley on us and publicly told us

Status
Not open for further replies.