• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
managed to raise the players for a game . lets see how this carries over to Saturday.

Still bitter of the FA cup performance. That's team last night and mentality would have beaten Millwall

I guess there will be some semi-rational review towards seasons end, and I'd certainly expect him to start next season in place here, although a defeat last night would have heaped still further pressure on him.

I expect that between now and May, we will pick up a few wins here and there, and mostly lose the games we expect to lose. The idea there is nothing to play for I cannot accept, we should be making every effort to finish 7th and try to gain some momentum.

You cannot objectively critique a manager based on raw emotion, which is a trap I fall into regularly after a bad defeat, such as last Saturday, but it would be rather damning if Silva can only keep us chugging along much like Allardyce, even if its only over one season.

If you were to look at it objectively, based on the below criteria, I imagine it wouldn't make for very inspiring reading so far;

- League Position & possible Euro qualification
- Points total (comparative to last season)
- FA Cup
- League Cup
- Home wins against top six
- Away wins against top six
- Other home wins
- Other away wins
- Longest winning run
- Longest run without a win
- Goals scored
- Clean sheets

My biggest issues, still, are) 1) That we only win certain types of games ad-hoc, and 2) Have a very patchy home record.

I agree that Silva's removal should be an option of last resort but he is going to find himself under tremendous pressure by the autumn of next season if he can't, still, produce any tangible signs of an upturn in fortunes, and getting the team to play with a formation and plan that maximises whatever individual and collective strengths we have, and to gain some consistency.

If he was asked at present to point to the things that have changed for the better, I'd be interested in hearing his answer. He has to bring more to the table than simply being the manager whom we can't afford, for various reasons, to move on.

I found Silva's post match comments interesting. I wondered whether they were an indication on the pressure he's under.

He said the win was "a big answer to the fans" and was really downplaying the contribution of Pickford/their chances.

For me, it wasn't a big answer to the fans. I expected us to beat bottom of the league Huddersfield, who prior Everton lost 9 of their past 10 and had the worst home record in the league, losing their last 5 at home an picking up 5 points from 36 at home.

Lets see how we do against Wolves, Man City an Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.