2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's be honest, he's fell short of lofty expectations. Still a chance he can improve but how often does that happen with our players?

I think he's an intelligent footballer with good technique but right now there's something missing. I got carried away and thought we were getting the next Kanchelskis. That, he is most certainly not.

Its a squad game but as ive posted in the past i wonder if the plan was to bring him in on a free for a season then aim for £25mil fee in the summer...

I'd take anything right now. Well not quite but about £15m.

Don't even think he's that bad really but he's our 3rd choice in his best position.

Think Messi would struggle with us right now. All of our best ever players did at some point in my memory.
Maybe apart from Kanchelskis to be fair!

Fraser + 10m - I know Fraser's another short-arpse but he doesn't go down with a leaf touch. How the hell are we gonna lay a glove on the likes of Van Dijk or Rudiger with that midget representing one-third of our attack?

Are you completely ruling out an improvement after the inevitable period of adjustment coming to such a different footballing culture and different culture off the park too? Not being funny and I've a feeling i see him differently to you but just wondering if you see his current level as the best we'll get from him?
It depends very much on the blend of players and team cohesion. Cant expect one man to do it all himself. Its like all this rubbish about assists. just depends on who you make the final pass to.

Btw I was initially very impressed with Bernard (check my posts in this threwd) but he just hasnt done much has he?

Sigurdsson leads him in assists and goals scored by a country mile. Maybe he can learn from our Icelandic master but might be best just to sell while his stock is still quite high.

I was worried he was only a 60 minute player. But his energy is improving, helps out a lot with defending. Still need to see more of him going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.