• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to reconcile the fans being realistic with people wanting him sacked in January when we're literally one good result away from being in the best position we can realistically aim for though, no? I've said it before but people say they don't mind a transitional season or whatever, but when it actually comes to it they absolutely do.

Transistion is just an odd word, I mean yes we have a new manager and players(same as 99%) of clubs(maybe not manager) so does that mean we have to put up with 2 months of getting worse and worse, not for me. Like I say, I will give him time but not at the expense of the unimaginable happening, there has to be a point where I say no this isn't good enough. I've reached it, but I want him to turn it around and earn his money. Changing doesn't guarantee anything other than another 'transistion'

Because if the players he has can't play the way he wants to play then his tactics dont work

Case and point guadiola sold most of Barca's attack when he took over simply because they didn't play the way he wanted and his tactics needed to go through Messi and Xavi.

Granted we don't have a Messi but we do have players that clearly don't fit the role at the club that big decisions to get rid needs to happen.

completely different mate. playing a certain way and defending set pieces are two completely different things

defenders are defenders, they head the ball away at set pieces, you can have ramos VVD or some league 2 defender in there, the objective from set pieces will always be the same

Are you Moyes or Allardyce , come on own up!
Ha Ha, no neither! Just saying we have to stop conceding so many cheap goals. You have to start at the back, solid foundations, before you can expand your game. This is the manager’s job, to implement a system the players are capable of executing. I’m not seeing this at present.

I don't get this, what is having his own team going to do when he can't organise the players he has? regardless of who's players they are he should be able to set them up to defend set pieces, it's the most basic of coaching

absolutely ridiculous excuse for our poor form

Form is temporary is it not? Sacking him isn’t backing him is it!? Ffs he’s not even had a season and your all crying to get him sacked. Have a word aye and stand by him

We seem to have a structural issue with dealing with the 2nd ball. I wrote this in an article early this season. The shape is fine for the first ball, but often we go to pot for the 2nd ball.

That being said I do stand behind my point that there is a lack of leadership and desire in this team. We are very easy to play against. Essentially any opponent who works hard, plays in a direct way and pushes us back look likely to defeat us.

There's been very little intensity at all this season in our play and it's little things that really annoy me. At Goodison there's no desire. An away team concedes a free kick and they're allowed to hold onto the ball for an age or it gets kicked away while our players just stand there timid as hell . None of our players go hunting the ball. They get a free kick or a corner and it's time-wasting central, none of our players seek the ball to get the game re-started quickly. It's Goodison, it shouldn't be an easy place to play but away teams are breezing through games as we've got nobody leading whatsoever setting the tempo or mentality.

It's one over arching lethargic mindset and that in turn affects the crowd.

completely different mate. playing a certain way and defending set pieces are two completely different things

defenders are defenders, they head the ball away at set pieces, you can have ramos VVD or some league 2 defender in there, the objective from set pieces will always be the same
Not really different things.

Again guadiola signed a goalkeeper simply on the basis on his style with the ball. Goalkeepers are goalkeepers unless you need something specific from them.

I agree defender simplicities lacking that basic principle is a concern but that stems from the coaching staff. As we don't have a wholesale change at the club, only key people interchanging , I would argue that these issues stem from Finch farm and not necessarily the manager. Considering it's been an issue for a number of years now.

Form is temporary is it not? Sacking him isn’t backing him is it!? Ffs he’s not even had a season and your all crying to get him sacked. Have a word aye and stand by him

what are you on about form is temporary? what form is this the form that got him sacked by Watford and relegated with hull?
he could have 17 seasons but if he cant set up a defence ( just like he couldn't into his last job ) whats the point

im still very much on the fence with sacking him, as honestly I don't know anyone who we could get

Transistion is just an odd word, I mean yes we have a new manager and players(same as 99%) of clubs(maybe not manager) so does that mean we have to put up with 2 months of getting worse and worse, not for me. Like I say, I will give him time but not at the expense of the unimaginable happening, there has to be a point where I say no this isn't good enough. I've reached it, but I want him to turn it around and earn his money. Changing doesn't guarantee anything other than another 'transistion'
Yeah sorry I didn't make myself very clear there. I agree with you, I just mean that it's one thing saying the fans were realistic at the start of the season, but it's another thing us actually keeping with that. We can't really use it as a stick to beat with him because it's patently untrue.

We are 3 points off 7th which I assume was our minimum target the start of the season. Sacking him now isn't the answer and he should be giving the chance to turn things around. If it comes to the end of the season and we are 14th and still putting in the same atrocious performances then maybe it is time for change.

im still very much on the fence with sacking him, as honestly I don't know anyone who we could get

What most of the fanbase dont realise when saying sack him is who we would get in.

There would be no major manager coming in like some hope for as we are a midtable team. No top manager would come here bar a manager at the end of their career who want money ala Pellegrini.

We would get brands manager who he wants to work with , and I can guarantee you it would be one that is small time. No big list of trophies behind them , no high profile , a small time manager. Consider that his previous job recruited from within and hired former players as coaches , that's the avenue we would go down.

Not necessarily an internal appointment but inexperienced ones with the plan to develop them over time ala the players we will bring in. So in the short term the season will be the same , still have issues and still not break the top 6.

Long term it could pay dividends, but fans don't seem too patient to see the payoff and instead call for managers heads at the first sign of trouble.

Yeah sorry I didn't make myself very clear there. I agree with you, I just mean that it's one thing saying the fans were realistic at the start of the season, but it's another thing us actually keeping with that. We can't really use it as a stick to beat with him because it's patently untrue.

Oh yeah, it's easy to say he can have a free season until you have a run like this, takes bottle to hold your tongue on the manager like haha. Personally just don't see what we gain. You have to at least give him the chance to turn it around, isn't that what would happen to any manager not hitting KPIs. Either that or send him for retraining lol

Status
Not open for further replies.