• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they have far more quality in attack (perhaps if all fully fit, I'd choose their attacking lot for ours if we couldn't pick and choose), that is, if we're taking into account our wingers Bernard, Lookman and Walcott, our number 10 Sigurdsson and strikers Tosun and DCL.

Don't they only have Arnautovic, Lanzini, Carroll, Chicharito, Yarmolenko and Felipe Anderson as their attacking options? Yarmolenko and Lanzini are out all season, Carroll is constantly injured and Chicharito is out of favour, leaving just Arnautovic and Anderson players.

We have a fully fit squad and still can't beat teams.

West Ham haven't been inconsistent due to their injuries, though. I've watched a lot of them this season, they're just inconsistent. They turn up one week and the next they get battered.

They have better forwards than us. That's why they've scored more goals. Pellegrini's 'style of play' isn't much different to Silva's, either. It's neither here nor there most of the time, it just depends if the respective players are on their game or not.

Out of the 6 teams from 7 to 12th, we have the worst striking options. I'm confident in saying that.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing better, because we have quality in other areas, but we're all as inconsistent as each other. That's why there's a three point gap between 7th and 12th.

Exactly this.

I also don't think Conte would guarantee short term success. Bloody hell, I'd be delighted with a cup - we all would - but I don't think he'd guarantee it because - as you say - we'd just need to spend another £300m to get players who are good enough to win us something.
It's going back to the point which has been so often discussed on here, that our fan base is becoming unrealistic with its expectations - almost fickle.

While I would be ecstatic if we were to win a cup this year and it should be our aim, I am a realistic so understand that real change takes more than half a season.

We need a fair few transfer windows, suitable time to adapt to a style of play and the changing/instilling of the attitude in and around the club if we want to prosper.

Now I'm not saying Silva is definitely the man who can provide the required changes, but sacking a manager after half a season isn't going to fix anything.

Add to that, it will only ensure that any capable managers will look at us with real disdain as they know they'll have a noose around their neck after a poor run.

West Ham haven't been inconsistent due to their injuries, though. I've watched a lot of them this season, they're just inconsistent. They turn up one week and the next they get battered.

They have better forwards than us. That's why they've scored more goals. Pellegrini's 'style of play' isn't much different to Silva's, either. It's neither here nor there most of the time, it just depends if the respective players are on their game or not.

Out of the 6 teams from 7 to 12th, we have the worst striking options. I'm confident in saying that.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't be doing better, because we have quality in other areas, but we're all as inconsistent as each other. That's why there's a three point gap between 7th and 12th.
Good argument Sir.

I'll tell you what - if we could trade Anderson for Sigurdsson and Arnautovic for Tosun we'd be brilliant up front.

I'd firstly look at the tactics before pointing the finger at the manager. Felipe Anderson was an inspired signing, Arnautovic is good but is leaving and a awful character to be at the club anyway, and Hernandez is as bad as Tosun.

The tactics are pretty much the same.

Pass and probe but the main threat comes on the counter.

My concern is that all of this talk of "give him time", which I am not saying that I disagree with, is based more on the fact that we eventually need to give a manager a chance (given that we have sacked a few), rather than the fact that we have been impressed by his managerial skills.

For me it is complete blind faith with him at the moment. I would back him, but it is not based on anything I am seeing on the pitch.

Same here.

I could never understand the attraction Silva held for Moshiri in the first place but there you are.

I would not fire him at the moment but if Frank or anyone else put me on the spot and asked me why I would not fire him....I could not put up a decent argument for retaining him.

Save one.

Moshiri.

His track record in appointing managers since he came here is atrocious.

And I dread to think who the next one will be when Silva is eventually sacked (I am predicting around October/November this year)

I am desperately hoping Brands picks the next one and that Moshiri is kept well out of the loop.

We can't afford to keep chopping and changing managers at the first sign of panic either, that's more negligent. If, big if, we do sack Silva and we let Brands make the appointment and we start having a dip in form, are people going to be patient and give him time or is the cycle going to continue?
Depends if the manager has proven quality that we know we can trust.

We took a chance on an extremely average manager in Silva and hoped for better. Probably not really his fault. His level is Hull and we want top be challenging for Europe.

All the blame here rests on Moshiri’s shoulders. He’s hired numerous bad managers now and just allows them to be in the firing line.

Good argument Sir.

I'll tell you what - if we could trade Anderson for Sigurdsson and Arnautovic for Tosun we'd be brilliant up front.

I don't think we'd be brilliant and I don't want you to think I'm saying that.

But I think it's fair to say that Arnautovic would have taken some of the chances we missed earlier in the season - when we were playing well - and that Felipe Anderson would have added more than Walcott.

I think Bernard's a great player but is clearly still adapting to the league. I think Gylfi is excellent but at the moment is playing badly and there's no competition.

Everton and West Ham's squads are currently of a very similar level.

I'd say we have a better goalkeeper - just.

I'd say we have a better left-back. You could probably split the CBs 1 each. Coleman over Zabaleta.

Midfield, we'd edge it.

But in attack, they have far more quality. Far more.

Now, should we be doing better than them? Considering their start to the season, yes. We should be. But are they just as inconsistent as us under this so called top manager? Yes.
Mate, we have Brazil's first choice CF, a 26 year old Brazlian with 25+ caps, Iceland with his whatevers and either a former England regular or a future England regular. How you can say they have "far more" in attack is beyond me.

You saying West Ham's attack is better than ours is an indictment in and of Silva by that metric.

Could the lack of funds / activity in this window be connected to Mr. Moshiri not trusting Marco in the medium term because he might not be in post come summer? Hence he is not prepared to waste any more money?

Mate, we have Brazil's first choice CF, a 26 year old Brazlian with 25+ caps, Iceland with his whatevers and either a former England regular or a future England regular. How you can say they have "far more" in attack is beyond me.

You saying West Ham's attack is better than ours is an indictment in and of Silva by that metric.

We don't have Brazil's first choice CF. He's a squad player, used primarily as a wide forward in a proper front three. He's also 21.

West Ham have a better attack than us. Their strikers - all of them - are better than what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.