• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd only be speculating on the reasoning but it's important to remember Mina Gomes are new to the league. It can take a full season before players start to grasp the relentlessness of the league.

Richarlison is 20/21 years old. We had these arguments towards Stones when his form fluctuated. The reality is that young players don't have that same consistency as those in the mid to late 20s. Few do anyway.

We need patience and perspective. This was always going to take time.

You are right. Despite our frustrations we have got to shake off the knee jerk reactions and give him his time. I have always said he will be (or should be) truly judged by next Christmas. If we are still as we are then his job is in danger but it is only fair to give him his time or we will get in a stupid situation when fans will be calling for managers heads after just a dozen games. Hopefully we will still get one or two in this window and several more in the summer then that will stand at 3 windows to get it right. Patience is a must.

I watched a piece on Everton this morning when we were going for the treble and being hailed as a special team and they went back 18 months to the home game against Coventry (0-0) when the crowd sang 'what a load of rubbish' and booed the team off and wanted Kendall out. Fortunes can turn given the appropriate time.

Silva only knows to play the system that fits players of Barcelona or City calibre, who has not only dribbling skills but the strong legs n fitness to penetrate. Our current squad just don't cut it in this category. (Sorry that I thought they are on par with the top 4 at the start of season). Bernard has dribbling skills,but weak feet due to small stature and easily run out of steam and lose possession on longer runs; Richardson has end scoring instinct, but poor possession ability due to tumbly legs;. Sigurdsson- good on touch football but no dribbling skills whatsoever; Gomez seem to have spurts of good dribbling skills, but lack confidence when the team is not playing well (weak mentality, maybe the result of time at Barcelona); Coleman -totally should fit in the system if the old himself couple of years ago, not now, looks not able to hold on to his dribble;. Walcott - seem to have the flair in dribbling but have no idea how to use it to good effect esp ending; Digne- quite proficient but only can do so much with the other players that can play to his level; Lookman the only player that looks to have both dribbling skills n stability n strength. To sum it up, the squad is not good enough to carry the system Silva plays, and this is bad as Silva has no plan B.

Let me continue a bit more here:

Silva should Stop playing the high press. First of all, how many times has our high press actually yield a good turnover (winning back possession)? Our front players doesn't have the strong legs to win back possessions. My heart sank every time we press high and the opponents just breaks right by us with 4 to 5 of our players trailing behind, and them threatening us with breaks in numbers and giving our back 4 a really tough time, and losing goals (so obvious in Tottenham match, and today against Southampton). Worse is when our CBs the likes of Keane, Zuma or Yeri are tall slow runners who times n times again seem to be caught flat footed or totally outrun by the speedier fwd when trying to recover from the high lines. (In this sense, Morinho style of compact defence will definitely work as our tall CBs can concentrate on dealing with the high balls and leaving no room for runs). Our current results are the result of wrong tactic of not playing to the strength of our players, both offensive n defensive.

Pellegrini with his 1 extra point and whose team is as inconsistent as us with over £100 mill spent.

Im fuming that we lost and we should be doing so much better but we have a mixture of players new to the league or new to the club and each other. Added to the young players we have who will show some inconsistency due to age, then its a bit more understandable.

Silva needs to take some blame but so do the players. We had, I think it was, 3 good breaks today and every time the player chose the wrong option - Silva can do nothing about that. Gomes and Gylfi couldnt complete a 5 yard pass today - again, thats not on Silva.

The fact that the high energy/tempo seems to have dissapeared is on him, along with us being wide open on the counter and having acres of space between our players, leaving us carved open time after time. He 100% needs to work on the tactics/shape.
Your right with analysis but I'm more fuming that's it's going on and on . Even when we win it's not at all convincing. The same excuses just won't after so long and it's been lomg enough.

Look maybe he's not up to it but he's taken over an utter shambles and is trying to give us a style and way of playing. I can see what he's trying to do and like it to an extent but these players need to look at themselves too.

Fat Sam managed to get 8th with a worse squad. Just saying. Half of the first team is bought by him.

We're between a rock and a hard place at the moment. We can't keep on sacking managers every six months, at some point we need to give someone time to overcome their weaknesses. Silva may as well be that man. The important person for me is Brands, as long as he keeps reshaping and improving the squad over the next couple of seasons, the future has to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.