January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree. Although I can see why the club struggled to get anything better than a loan deal for the likes of Williams and Sandro, players like Niasse should be dream signings for Cardiff.

He’s proven to score for a poor side (Hull) and has even scored a few goals for us. His hard working style fits Cardiff and they’re happy to pay £15m+ for Sala who’s having the only decent season of his career.

Surely we should be seeing that and telling them £10-15m or no deal?

I have full faith in Brands but loaning all of our unwanted players out, winding their contracts down and giving out freebies to clubs all over in a market where clubs are getting crazy fees for poor players.
And yet we need a new striker and he can’t even get on our bench. They’re not spending £10-15m on a player of his age in that situation. The reason we’re struggling to offload players is because they’re on high wages and they’re rubbish. We’re not going to get big fees for them.

And yet we need a new striker and he can’t even get on our bench. They’re not spending £10-15m on a player of his age in that situation. The reason we’re struggling to offload players is because they’re on high wages and they’re rubbish. We’re not going to get big fees for them.

It’s a bit different being good enough to play for us with the number of players we’re spent huge money on and, with respect, playing for Cardiff who haven’t had the money or time in the top flight to have a comparable squad.

£10-15m and £50k pw or whatever he’s on is far from a big fee for ANY PL side these days.

Inflated wages aren't exclusive to Everton.

Fee reduced, or Everton pay a fee to cover the difference. Arsenal are apparently doing this with Ozil to get rid of him and his £300k wages.

Clubs recognise if they pay very little for the fee, they'll pay more for wages. We got Ramirez for buttons at the time by way of transfer fee, hence the mark up on wages. Sanchez and Man Utd being an example.

Moving someone like Ozil or Sanchez is significantly easier than moving someone like Kevin Miralles or Yannick Bolasie.

100% agree. Although I can see why the club struggled to get anything better than a loan deal for the likes of Williams and Sandro, players like Niasse should be dream signings for Cardiff.

He’s proven to score for a poor side (Hull) and has even scored a few goals for us. His hard working style fits Cardiff and they’re happy to pay £15m+ for Sala who’s having the only decent season of his career.

Surely we should be seeing that and telling them £10-15m or no deal?

I have full faith in Brands but loaning all of our unwanted players out, winding their contracts down and giving out freebies to clubs all over in a market where clubs are getting crazy fees for poor players.

Crux of it for me that.

I'm also of the view that Everton aren't doing particularly well at offloading players.

Bolasie, Vlasic, Niasse, Mirallas, Besic, Martina, Ramirez, Garbutt etc.

Too many loans, to poor choices meaning too many deferred headaches with no or limited chance of permanent deals.

Maybe down to some long fat contracts.

Those clubs believe we are loaded and wanna to get rid of them thus want to take advantage of this.

I'm prepared to cut him at least a slight amount of slack given he's new to the PL and may need time to build up relationships with agents and other clubs to sell players on. However, he has gone for a calamitous industrial scale shifting out of players on loan that was merely to massage down marginally the wage bill. That was a big gamble that has not come off...as here we are with almost no room to manoeuvre this window for sell to buy. THAT he needs to be criticised for.

Fair enough, you criticise who you want. I just feel the conditions he’s working in are a creation of others and feel he’s got a difficult task - not as easy as we would think and it’s goung to take time.

Heavily linked to West Ham atm.

I rate him, was hoping he could be a target for us this Summer - but haven't been too many successful Italians in the PL of late.

Another linked to WHU, they're getting linked to everyone because they've spent a bit. I know the lad was highly rated but his name seems to have gone quiet, well if you don't really follow football outside of Everton like me. Crazy, when we didn't have internetI knew a load about football and world players, now we have access to everywhere at the touch of a button and I'm nea haha My love for the game dwindles every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.