January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said it isn't easy to sell players on high wages...I underlined three cases where Brands couldn't shift out permanently players on less than high wags. THAT'S what it had to do with it.
Ignoring your 40k Williams wages, there was a deal agreed for Besic but it fell through, cos guess what, he didnt wanna give up his "less than high wages".
Two players sold - one for a knock down price. 17 loaned out, depreciating in value.

It isn't good, please dont pretend it is.
Why would you sell players when you can loan them out and their value increases? Was loaning out Vlasic a bad idea? Onyenkuru? Dowell? Holgate? Heck, no.

For others, we weren't getting a fee. Williams, Martina, Mirallas, etc.

Incidentally, from a FFP standpoint, a loan deal is smart even for those with minimal value. One more year to amortize the transfer fee.

I'm a bit confused here @davek as the 3 players you mentioned:

Besic: Offer of £6mil which fell through due to his wage demands + agent fee request. The only way I imagine the deal would have gone through would have been to partially continue to cover his wages + give the agent a sweetener. Perhaps we would have made £2mil on the deal, instead we loaned him for a season (at no cost) and I'd say he would be worth more than £2mil for a team now -- wouldnt you?

Vlasic: We were offered €9mil from CSKA and we knocked it back but allowed him to go there on loan. He's now top of the performance charts and leads the motm awards and player of the month awards in that league. In comparison Golovin went to Monaco from CSKA last season for €30mil and was playing at a lower performance level....this is clearly a very positive loan move.

Williams: Was not on £40k a week, double that. His wages have been covered by his loan which equates to over £3mil saved on the balance sheet and his contract is up at the end of the season.

3 VERY positive loans.

I'd also add in Bolasie £80k+ wages being taken off the books for a season being a good move. No club would be eager to pay those wages + a transfer fee for his constant useless negative performances.

I think you're failing to remember the key component of a deal which is "It is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay you".

The one piece of good news for us is that:

Zouma
Jagielka
Browning
Baines
Gomes

Will all be off the wage bill at the end of the season and we can then re-invest.

If we sell Gueye could we not get by until summer with McCarthy and Schneiderlin? If someone is a available now get them in but this might be a case of taking a step back so we can get the right person in.

If we sell Gueye could we not get by until summer with McCarthy and Schneiderlin? If someone is a available now get them in but this might be a case of taking a step back so we can get the right person in.

No, he would need replacing, IMO.

Hopefully not by this Doucoure joker :

Thought this **** would have ****** off by now so that Gino has enough readies to buy everyone a drink to celebrate GTs death day on Sat.

think he is massively overrated myself and if we can get a good price sell him, the whole new contract i feel was just a mutual agreement to him going in the summer regardless, he has done his bit for us but is inconsistent and i feel there are better players to fit our squad
if he went i would be grateful for what he has done and wish him well but wouldn't be upset

Sick of seeing this ***** name everywhere.
Just **** off eh

Although I kind of want him LOADS after this :

Good job France Football is full poo then. If PSG want Gaye then they will get Gaye because their all about Gaye. They are a much bigger club than Everton, if they want him they will get him. Has nothing to do with Doucouré.
Adam Leventhal who is basically Watford’s spokesman, literally said it would take £70mil+ to get him this window. So if anyone thinks, especially a tinpot small insignificant club like Everton think they can get him, they are off their rocker.
Silva has thrown his rattle out of the pram by going public about wanting to keep Gaye. Which is his choice. While at it also stating that the board are not giving him any more funds to spend. Sounds very familiar.
Doucouré is only joining a CL club and that’s that. End of.

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/abdoulaye-doucoure.53964/page-17

I think Brands has generally been a success all 7 of his signings have been an upgrade. Compare to Martinez first summer when he brought in 7 players. 3 were good Barry, McCarthy and Lukaku. 2 did ok Deulofeu and Robles. 2 were awful Alcaraz and Kone. Or Walsh/Koeman brought in 6 players. 2 players are good Gueye and DCL. 2 players did average Valencia and Stekelenburg. 2 were really poor Williams and Bolasie.

No, he would need replacing, IMO.

Hopefully not by this Doucoure joker :

Thought this **** would have ****** off by now so that Gino has enough readies to buy everyone a drink to celebrate GTs death day on Sat.

think he is massively overrated myself and if we can get a good price sell him, the whole new contract i feel was just a mutual agreement to him going in the summer regardless, he has done his bit for us but is inconsistent and i feel there are better players to fit our squad
if he went i would be grateful for what he has done and wish him well but wouldn't be upset

Sick of seeing this ***** name everywhere.
Just **** off eh

Although I kind of want him LOADS after this :

Good job France Football is full poo then. If PSG want Gaye then they will get Gaye because their all about Gaye. They are a much bigger club than Everton, if they want him they will get him. Has nothing to do with Doucouré.
Adam Leventhal who is basically Watford’s spokesman, literally said it would take £70mil+ to get him this window. So if anyone thinks, especially a tinpot small insignificant club like Everton think they can get him, they are off their rocker.
Silva has thrown his rattle out of the pram by going public about wanting to keep Gaye. Which is his choice. While at it also stating that the board are not giving him any more funds to spend. Sounds very familiar.
Doucouré is only joining a CL club and that’s that. End of.

http://wfcforums.com/index.php?threads/abdoulaye-doucoure.53964/page-17

I agree he needs replacing but given 7th is now best we can achieve in the league I was wondering if we could get to the end of the season rather than pay silly prices. We might not get such a high offer for Gueye in the summer that is all my thinking is sell big buy slightly cheaper.

I agree he needs replacing but given 7th is now best we can achieve in the league I was wondering if we could get to the end of the season rather than pay silly prices. We might not get such a high offer for Gueye in the summer that is all my thinking is sell big buy slightly cheaper.

Well im sure its something we might be considering.

But its far from ideal.

Who’s gonna pay actual money for Bolasie? For Sandro? For Kev? For Ash Williams? Loaning was the only option to free up wages.

Guarantee we’d sell Bolasie eventually for £5m and Dave will complain it’s not enough dosh.

Who’s gonna pay actual money for Bolasie? For Sandro? For Kev? For Ash Williams? Loaning was the only option to free up wages.

Guarantee we’d sell Bolasie eventually for £5m and Dave will complain it’s not enough dosh.

Looking ar Bolasies last 10 ratings on whoscored hes had 4 performances of 7 and above...the rest have been pretty poor.

Cant see him being kept on there...

It would be a blessing to move him on a free transfer i think.

Looking ar Bolasies last 10 ratings on whoscored hes had 4 performances of 7 and above...the rest have been pretty poor.

Cant see him being kept on there...

It would be a blessing to move him on a free transfer i think.

Villa would only have kept him if they went up and they defo arent going up.

Villa would only have kept him if they went up and they defo arent going up.

Only 5pts off the play offs but just got tonked 3-0 by wigan with Bolasie getting a 6.13 rating out of 10.

I cant see any team finding this type of inconsistency worthy of a transfer or a loan.

Well im sure its something we might be considering.

But its far from ideal.

Might even be worth recalling Joe Williams so we can see what he's got. He's injured at the moment but if he got 5-10 games we would at least have some indication. I thought we needed someone even if we bought Gomes and kept Gueye so worst case we might need 4 in the summer but at least they could be brought in with compatibility in mind.

Just remembered we paid like 25mil for him. What a joke.
I'll always defend Bolasie because the injury killed him and he was an effective player before it. He was probably one of our 3 or 4 best players that year until the injury. But that price is indefensible because of his age and reliance on pace. There was no way he was going to be the level we needed after two seasons and the injury just ended it even quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.