January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably the one occasion where I am delighted that it is sell to buy.

Our owner has allowed 300m to be wasted on this squad, so he's finally got who he thinks is the correct DoF in to sort things out. There is so much utter trash within the squad that needs binning off. The season as it is is essentially a write off. Seventh at best. Let him get a good 30% of the squad gone by the middle of summer and see what he can do with the dough it brings in.

THIS ALL OVER TIMES 12

This is probably the one occasion where I am delighted that it is sell to buy.

Our owner has allowed 300m to be wasted on this squad, so he's finally got who he thinks is the correct DoF in to sort things out. There is so much utter trash within the squad that needs binning off. The season as it is is essentially a write off. Seventh at best. Let him get a good 30% of the squad gone by the middle of summer and see what he can do with the dough it brings in.
All the restructuring that has to be allowed for - wasting another 2/3 seasons - all because we have an imbecile major shareholder.

Cut it whatever way you like mate: "good sell to buy" or "bad sell to buy"....it's sell to buy, and we're doing it again and it's going to see us become MORE uncompetitive on the pitch in the coming years.

So let's get this straight, you want us to add to the most insane wage bill going? Just keep doing it?

I said it yesterday, we are paying right now for years of terrible management.
Whatever way you care to square it with yourself that's down to you. OBJECTIVELY though this is Everton hunkering down.

You'll be told it's down to becoming a leaner more competitive team - and that the stadium is also a consideration, saving for that.

Heard it ll before. It's the same old con perpetrated by the same type of conmen. If you care to eat the shovel full of BS they heap upon you, be my guest.

Sell to buy. The money is not there anymore.

I said that two weeks ago and was abused for it @MarcelsGoat

Brands in the boardroom; a pliable manager in the dugout; propaganda about a new stadium.

Same old same old.

...but you’ve been saying we’re sell to buy for years.

I do agree, it does appear to be a strategy now but that is more of a Walsh legacy than a hand-to-mouth financial existence. The squad is full of expensive waste that needs to be shifted and that will take time.

...but you’ve been saying we’re sell to buy for years.

I do agree, it does appear to be a strategy now but that is more of a Walsh legacy than a hand-to-mouth financial existence. The squad is full of expensive waste that needs to be shifted and that will take time.
Hogwash.

This is down to an owner who is completely out of his depth and has blown our biggest player sale transactions and tv revenue hike EVER.

Now the fans have to endure the clean up operation because he really isn't the man of means he was purported as.

THAT is the bottom line.

Dont be conned any longer.

Hogwash.

This is down to an owner who is completely out of his depth and has blown our biggest player sale transactions and tv revenue hike EVER.

Now the fans have to endure the clean up operation because he really isn't the man of means he was purported as.

THAT is the bottom line.

Good job it’s only you that cares then.

All the restructuring that has to be allowed for - wasting another 2/3 seasons - all because we have an imbecile major shareholder.

Cut it whatever way you like mate: "good sell to buy" or "bad sell to buy"....it's sell to buy, and we're doing it again and it's going to see us become MORE uncompetitive on the pitch in the coming years.

Selling to buy does not make you uncompetitive Dave - look at all the clubs around Europe that employ it with great success, Dortmund, Sevilla, Porto etc. It works if you have a good scouting system in place, which clubs like Southampton didn't once they started selling their best players as well as our own selves once we sold Lukaku. We'd only become unsuccessful if the money we make by selling is either not reinvested at all or is reinvested poorly.

I am concerned however that we want to sell players to fund more big money signings on high wages as Silva hinted at - a highly unsustainable model - rather than buying cheap and selling high. Hopefully we see a bit of sense.

Sell to buy. The money is not there anymore.

I said that two weeks ago and was abused for it @MarcelsGoat

Brands in the boardroom; a pliable manager in the dugout; propaganda about a new stadium.

Same old same old.

Correct, the money is not there. We have spent it, and are still spending it every week on wages. Our sponsorship deal with USM doesn't even cover the cost of Sandro's contract. If we want to spend more, we have to reset and try again - keep the successes, move on the failures, and once the balance sheet becomes healthier there can be another concerted effort at a recruitment drive with hopefully. Spending big with the already bloated first team squad and wage bill we have would be fuel on a bonfire, and moving on that many players will take time. The high wages players are being paid is a hinderance and a result of our own profligacy rather than lack of funds and this is a multi million pound business at the end of the day, meaning all of the required changes can't happen overnight. As other people have rightly pointed out loaning players out can improve cashflow and reduce their book value, meaning that later on accepting lower fees doesn't hurt the balance sheet as much - as with all things there is compromise required. It is a process and a necessary one and it is being managed, but it is not Brands failing as a DoF as you often say just because he hasn't managed to sell 18 players in the January transfer window yet. Whingeing and moaning doesn't help any of this happen any quicker but it does help breed negativity and build pressure around the club which helps nobody.

Hogwash.

THAT is the bottom line.

....Moshiri is accountable for appointing Walsh and Koeman. I don’t blame him for financially backing them but I agree he should’ve cut the purse strings when it became obvious Walsh was inept.

I think there’s still money to spend but only when the waste is reduced.

Hogwash.

THAT is the bottom line.

Come on Dave, any old excuse to have a pop at Moshiri ZZZZzzzzzzzz it's rather tiresome now.

The man has loaned to the club and invested more heavily than the charlatans who ran the show for 20 years before he arrived,

If he is guilty of anything it is bad judgement recruitment of managers. He has to put a certain amount of trust in the people he employs, otherwise what is the point in employing them. At the end of the day, they have bought badly and let him down.

Have you still got your knickers in a twist because he got rid of your spanish man crush? its 3 years down the line now mate, don't be so bitter.

Selling to buy does not make you uncompetitive Dave - look at all the clubs around Europe that employ it with great success, Dortmund, Sevilla, Porto etc. It works if you have a good scouting system in place, which clubs like Southampton didn't once they started selling their best players as well as our own selves once we sold Lukaku. We'd only become unsuccessful if the money we make by selling is either not reinvested at all or is reinvested poorly.

I am concerned however that we want to sell players to fund more big money signings on high wages as Silva hinted at - a highly unsustainable model - rather than buying cheap and selling high. Hopefully we see a bit of sense.
It hinders more clubs than those who can thrive or cope with it.

The bottom line is that we dont have (and never have had) an owner of means.

Our self generated treasure trove is gone. The club now has to pay for the idiocy of the owner and his appointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.