Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not mad, my opinion.
Richarlison got shots on target, only a goal line clearance stopped him, and came close with his header. Bernard's goal effort was poor. I'd give him credit for his work rate but the truth is he got muscled off mostly today. Not a terrible performance from him but far from our best player.
Zouma didn't do much wrong, Keane got an extra point for me because of that late tackle.

Oh yeh, not disputing it's your opinion mate.

I just think Bernard - and Lookman - were the only ones in the first half who helped us get a hold of the ball, and in the second half Bernard's work rate was key down that left side. Clyne hardly got forward once.

Oh yeh, not disputing it's your opinion mate.

I just think Bernard - and Lookman - were the only ones in the first half who helped us get a hold of the ball, and in the second half Bernard's work rate was key down that left side. Clyne hardly got forward once.

Agree completely, those two were our key players . The effort from Bernard up and down that line including tracking back was in my opinion crucial in the win.

Oh, thought the referee was atrocious. I really thought Gomes was going to get a red in the end and he could not have been any happier to book Richarlison. Booked 5 of ours and none of theirs, despite some brutish tackles from some of them.

Just pee poor reffing all the way through.
When both sets of fans are unhappy you know the ref has had a stinker. He turned the game into a frustrating mess for both sides. Fortunately didn’t cost us.

Oh, thought the referee was atrocious. I really thought Gomes was going to get a red in the end and he could not have been any happier to book Richarlison. Booked 5 of ours and none of theirs, despite some brutish tackles from some of them.

Just pee poor reffing all the way through.

He hasn’t given a red in 23 matches now. Had various opportunities to yesterday if he had felt like it. I think he got both penalty calls correct though. As did MOTD. But the Gomes one was close. Ref just isn’t falling for the theatrics but that could then lead to endangering the players by not picking up on it when they exaggerate a bit but have been badly fouled.

I don't actually mind Taylor (relatively) compared to some of the other refs.

Yesterday he was crap, though.

I thought it would have been harsh to send Gomes off, although I agree his tackle on King and then the fling at Lerma were stupid.

Lerma, however, had about 5 or 6 niggly fouls that went unpunished. By that logic, he should also have gone had Gomes gone.

Gana one wasn't a pen - wasn't a dive either, like. Gana didn't actually clip Brooks' legs - had he done then it was a foul. Brooks fell because Gana was there and he was trying to evade the challenge.

Gomes' one would have been more of a penalty but at the same time Lerma had hold of his shirt and his dive was ludicrous.

Bournemouth are a good footballing team but they were just as niggly as us yesterday. How Cook didn't get a card is beyond me.

Coleman had Fraser sorted from about the 10th/15th minute I thought. Maybe could have been a 6.

Sigurdsson - as I said, he gets it for his pressing and his workrate. He wasn't good enough on the ball, but him and Richarlison worked well together. In fact, both of them were key in us getting a foothold in the game, simply by being clever with when and how they pressed - stopping Bournemouth playing out from the back.

Gomes was poor, yeh. Probably could have been a 5.
I thought that the lack of quality from all 4 was alarming and the end product from Gomes , Sigurdsson and Richarlison was non existant

I thought that the lack of quality from all 4 was alarming and the end product from Gomes , Sigurdsson and Richarlison was non existant

I agree on end product, but there was more to their performances yesterday (thankfully).

Also, Richarlison was inches from a goal, like, and also him and Gylfi linked up really well for one chance that Richarlison skied late on - it was actually very similar to the third goal in the win over Brighton, but Rich just lacked the sharpness/confidence to finish. Also, Gylfi got in a really great position in the first half and Coleman failed to find him. So while none were great, it's small margins.

Bernard's work rate has notably increased over the last few weeks. It has taken him some time to adapt but I though yesterday he harried and hassled them more than I've seen him do so before. If anyone is not convinced just compare Bernards play when they had the ball to Walcotts when he came on. Absolute disgrace he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.