2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a shot from Kane. De Gea had to dive for it. Not particular full stretch but what strikes be is the ability to save and clench hold of the ball firmly in mid air and landing with the ball still firmly in grasp. This is something beyond Pickford. He would have parry it without thinking where the ball lands next.

I am not doing comparisons between De Gea and Pickford I am just pointing out that De Gea's saves against Spurs were expected saves and nothing special at all.

You look at de Gea performances today, single handedly keeping the score down up till this point. That’s how we wish Pickford will become one day but I doubt he ever will be that level.

Pickford puts in a replica of that performance and you'd read 'all the shots just hit him, you'd be disappointed if any went in. Am ok performance, let's hope he keeps it up.'

Kicked the ball out of play under no pressure in the first half today and Bournemouth nearly scored. He also looks massively hesitant and it has a resulting effect on Zouma in particular.

Having said that he did well second half sweeping up a couple of times.

De Gea for United today was an example of the type of performance I think Pickford has yet to produce for us.

That said, Pickford was decent today barring some tragic goalkicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.