January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sold Tosun, Schneiderlin and Niasse that could be around £40mil...

That buys a very good player....punt Gana as well and thats 2 very good players.

If we sold Tosun, Schneiderlin and Niasse that could be around £40mil...

That buys a very good player....punt Gana as well and thats 2 very good players.
Agreed, those first three you mentioned are our current, desired sellable assets.

I expect at least one to go on loan though. We won't be lucky enough to receive fees I don't think.

Watching Declan Rice for West Ham just now... he would be the perfect fit alongside Gomes. If only
Maybe in 2 or 3 years. He's nowhere near Gana's level right now. If we lose Gana, we'd have to replace him with someone that could be legitamately dominant in defensive midfield and in particular they better be athletic. Declan Rice is neither.

Why would we punt Gana who is already a very good player?

Because he's not younger than 21 or he can't pass or something ridiculous like that.

We should be doing everything we can to move Scheniderlin and McCarthy. We can find a decent #8 that can also play DM as part of a double pivot WITH Gana by selling those two.

if he goes to monaco, with barbosa already back in brazil, if we sell niasse or tosun, who exactly will our next target be?
I don't think Barbosa could get a work permit regardless.

Something I think we are missing is that any strike we'd get, they'd have to be better than Richarlison playing as a CF. He's decent up there.

I've yet to hear a name that would be better than him at CF that would be worth getting. Heard a bunch of Frankfurt players that aren't likely to move in January. I suggested Willan Jose, he might provide something a bit different. Batshuayi is interesting and would be worth a punt, but I would be surprised if it's a 14M thing.

We wont be selling Tosun, Niasse or SniderRat, if clubs wanted them they would have bought them by now, they are waiting till we allow them to leave on loan.

Sadly I doubt the likes of Batsman will be waiting around till then.

Agreed, those first three you mentioned are our current, desired sellable assets.

I expect at least one to go on loan though. We won't be lucky enough to receive fees I don't think.

Be positive...i think Tosun and Niasse will be sold. Schneiderlin too if we subsidise his wages.

Why would we punt Gana who is already a very good player?

For the same reasons alot of other posters would.

Please don't start Zat off again on this.

I like him but every page is him saying the same things about the same Everton players.

:( i have feelings too

Because he's not younger than 21 or he can't pass or something ridiculous like that.

We should be doing everything we can to move Scheniderlin and McCarthy. We can find a decent #8 that can also play DM as part of a double pivot WITH Gana by selling those two.

I think its a bit harsh now to play that record as a lot of other posters feel the same as me about Gana.

For what its worth youre suggesting playing an 8 who can also sit alongside Gana. This would be a waste of a player and very negative...we should be playing one DM and 2 CMs as per Silvas usual system.

I don't think Barbosa could get a work permit regardless.

Something I think we are missing is that any strike we'd get, they'd have to be better than Richarlison playing as a CF. He's decent up there.

I've yet to hear a name that would be better than him at CF that would be worth getting. Heard a bunch of Frankfurt players that aren't likely to move in January. I suggested Willan Jose, he might provide something a bit different. Batshuayi is interesting and would be worth a punt, but I would be surprised if it's a 14M thing.

I think we will be surprised at who we go for.

We wont be selling Tosun, Niasse or SniderRat, if clubs wanted them they would have bought them by now, they are waiting till we allow them to leave on loan.

Sadly I doubt the likes of Batsman will be waiting around till then.

Have some faith in your namesake.

Be positive...i think Tosun and Niasse will be sold. Schneiderlin too if we subsidise his wages.

For the same reasons alot of other posters would.

:( i have feelings too

I think its a bit harsh now to play that record as a lot of other posters feel the same as me about Gana.

For what its worth youre suggesting playing an 8 who can also sit alongside Gana. This would be a waste of a player and very negative...we should be playing one DM and 2 CMs as per Silvas usual system.

I think we will be surprised at who we go for.

Have some faith in your namesake.

Its not about having faith, its about turning water into wine and thats what he would need to do in order to get anybody to pay actual money for Tosun and SniderRat AND pay their wages. Niasse wont be that difficult, he was bought for smaller money, has been here longer and is on less money than the other 2.

Which is why I think interested clubs know that they only to keep waiting and we will beg somebody to take them just to get 50% of their wages off the bill and a smallish fee.

Its not about having faith, its about turning water into wine and thats what he would need to do in order to get anybody to pay actual money for Tosun and SniderRat AND pay their wages. Niasse wont be that difficult, he was bought for smaller money, has been here longer and is on less money than the other 2.

Which is why I think interested clubs know that they only to keep waiting and we will beg somebody to take them just to get 50% of their wages off the bill and a smallish fee.

You dont think Brands can turn water into wine?

Thats sacrilegious :eek: (almost)

Status
Not open for further replies.