2018/19 Nikola Vlasic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a bit hard on himself? Thought he had a tad more arrogance than that. Think Silva will have a look at him and I am quite looking forward to seeing what he'll be like in pre season. I thought lookman came back twice the player since his loan.

I said at the time I saw no point in buying Vlasic, he wasn't what we needed nor did I even recognise him when he was against us, but If he goes we may get close to doubling the fee we paid for him. Also a bit weird if a player in the squad of the world cup finalists can't even get on our bench.
Shows no sign of actually wanting to stay, fight and try and get in to me.

He was woeful last pre-season. Perhaps he had an inkling that Silva didn't want him, but he played with none of the effort and determination that even someone as hapless as Sandro showed. Would he be any better next pre-season? I think he deserves a chance to show it, but I'm not sure he fancies battling for his place.

I call these types a player a 1 in 7 otherwise known as the McFadden Scale. You get something good from them about 1 in 7 games - a bit like McFadden. We sign a lot of them unfortunately.

Totally agree. He scores for cska and everyone is on about getting him back, we then hear nothing about him for a few weeks, cos he hasn't done a lot and it goes quiet. Wham! He scores again, and the cycle continues.

I dont think hes ever been as good as what some people on here like to make out,when hes played hes hardly been involved in the game and i know he has not played loads but he hardly showed a thing,but some acted as though he was one of the best young players we had, though in the list last summer when players were named he was one of the ones i would have kept off that list,but he would not be a miss for me if we sold him

Hard to argue with most of what he said, although concerned by how disenchanted he seems and that when he did wear the shirt under Sam he admits he didn't try too hard - which isn't good enough no matter who you're playing for/under.

Seems resigned and satisfied to the fact that he won't be coming back here, which again, is worrying. Think someone needs to have a word with him from the club and give him an update on his future.

To paraphrase arry redknapp there will be no comparison what vlasic and lookman will achieve in football and what certain other young players in the team will achieve..

Totally agree. He scores for cska and everyone is on about getting him back, we then hear nothing about him for a few weeks, cos he hasn't done a lot and it goes quiet. Wham! He scores again, and the cycle continues.

you don't hear about it because no one outside Moscow gives a monkeys aboutCSKA, he made the news when he scored against teams in the CL because people are arsed abar that

He is right to be bitter and not want to come back. He came to a club that was managed by a numpty and soon went on to be managed by the biggest numpty out there. Having said that, i wouldn't want him to come back anyway tbh. One of those players that you know has potential but ends up frustrating and disappointing most of the time. Nowhere near good enough to help us progress forwards as a club.

Status
Not open for further replies.