General Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
....i accept to being naive on these things, I just think sometimes folk have an agenda to look into things deviously. Brands is a football man, and I just think having a football man on the Board isn’t a bad thing.
I've been in high-level corporate affairs Eggs...trust me, a separation of professional 'integrities' (i.e between the executive and the non-executive) is critical

And the board couldnt veto any of his signings anyrate? He is a Moshiri man, now on the board. Thats good imo.
He's Director of Football. Responsible for all things football. We're a football club aren't we. Football is the reason for our existence. If he doesn't warrant a place on the board then nobody does.

I've been in high-level corporate affairs Eggs...trust me, a separation of professional 'integrities' (i.e between the executive and the non-executive) is critical

....I understand, my background is very much in public governance. I just wonder if Brands role almost transitions the executive/non-executive divide. I can’t recall if Walsh was a Board member or if other Clubs DoF are.

He's Director of Football. Responsible for all things football. We're a football club aren't we. Football is the reason for our existence. If he doesn't warrant a place on the board then nobody does.
that's akin to advocating a Chief Financial Officer being appointed as the Board's Head of Audit Committee...Enron anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.