January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clubs hes been loaned out will at least pay some of his salary

Thank Jeebus they are..

Still, gives some perspective that the £5.4million wasn't the risk free deal it seemed,as in total over 5 years the cost of a Sandro is actually about £36million, when if he were on £50k per week the total cost would only be around £18mil.

My Saints mate reckons they are in for Lookman.

Sounds like a weak link to their manager if you ask me.

Lookman would laugh at them. Wouldn't have minded a stub at dembele for the £11m quoted. Nothing money these days, doubt spurs would have agreed that low for us. He's almost certainly crocked, but for that price could have been a decent risk on a two year contract.

My Saints mate reckons they are in for Lookman.

Sounds like a weak link to their manager if you ask me.
If there is any substance to the Malcolm loan rumours, it would make sense to have Theo as back up and loan Lookman to Saints for a run of games for the rest of the season.

It’s a fair few ‘ifs’ though.
Can’t see us selling him to them tbh

Niasse would score goals for Palace,and would become a cult hero.
Same as at Hull. He has a bit of a cult following here too.

I would however not want him to be the signing that I could hang a season turning around on. Good luck to him if he goes or not.

Can we get a combined 20m for Tosun and Niasse? Surely there are two teams out there desperate?

Can we get a combined 20m for McCarthy and Schneiderlin? Again, they've forged decent reputations and there may be takers.

End of the season, can we get 15m for Bolasie and Besic?

Can we get 5m for Browning, Galloway and Pennington?

Can we get 10m for Sandro and Mirallas?

Williams, Jagielka and Martina gone end of season.

70m there for outcasts who offer us absolutely nothing. None of them even need replacing. 30-odd million in wages also saved.

If there is any substance to the Malcolm loan rumours, it would make sense to have Theo as back up and loan Lookman to Saints for a run of games for the rest of the season.

It’s a fair few ‘ifs’ though.
Can’t see us selling him to them tbh
Richarlison would go to CF, Lookman is backup LW and would play a ton. No chance that move happens.

Can we get a combined 20m for Tosun and Niasse? Surely there are two teams out there desperate?

Can we get a combined 20m for McCarthy and Schneiderlin? Again, they've forged decent reputations and there may be takers.

70m there for outcasts who offer us absolutely nothing. None of them even need replacing. 30-odd million in wages also saved.
Oof... those wages... that's a staggering amount. Could have 2 or 3 exceptional players in for that amount- probably even more...

I can't think of any club who would be daft enough to splash out that kind of money on below par players. Well, except us

Oof... those wages... that's a staggering amount. Could have 2 or 3 exceptional players in for that amount- probably even more...
I was even underestimating the wages, seeing as Sandro is apparently on close to 100k and the likes of Jagielka and Williams will comfortably on around 70k each. Probably closer to 40m imo.

Embarrassing that he’s a cult hero, shocking footballer
It is what it is. He took the contract offered to him, it's not his fault we were as awful as he is. At least he has kept his head up high and seemingly plugged away like a professional should. Anyway, if he goes I will say good luck, and hope the replacement coming in is of the requisite quality for a team who want to be in the European competitions.

Don’t think any of that is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.