The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with the crowd just doesn't affect EFC...it's throughout football now.

The reason is too many woman involved in men's professional football now from pundits right down to too many in the ground.

It won't be long before we see a manager in the men's game.

I don't think you believe any of what you've just posted mate

But then with a name like Dunga Dog maybe you do.

Take the 38000 out of goodison and what is the difference. Nothing. Spend millions on players and staff and fail to realise how many points goodison used to get us every season. Goodison is dead. We have failed it in recent history. We are an embarrassment in our tight jeans too cool to support and make noise. Sit there and say we are reactive support. We were never reactuve support. Hung off the beams singing and chanting down to teams like forest/wednesday etc in the 90s in the street end. Now i look around last 5 years. Nothing. Nothing. Imagine young lads looking at the crowd across the park. No point saying oh leave them off. We will lose them. Wish i was 20 again. Id f those out of it who told us to sit down. Stand on seats. Hang of the beams in gt4. Support efc with noise. Ps to the young lads going to street end nowdays.....shame on ye!!!! Now whos next

Great post. Totally agree.

Just a general observation as I got to the game today (still home from Christmas), thought it was a bit odd there wasn't even a chant of Everton after z cars had played. Is that the norm now?

Overall it was exactly what I'd expect for that kind of game. Can't say anything other than that is a brilliant attendance for the third round of the cup. Well done to everyone who went today.

We've got a whole of blues who've never seen us win a button. Hell they've never seen us be anything other then trash with the odd moment of joy and the very odd moment of incredibly mild success during that time. These people are now taking their kids to the match! How the hell is little Peter supposed to ever have any confidence or belief in the club when his Dad has never seen anything good and is probably more defeatist then his kid is after having the idealism ground out of him years ago. Seriously, a whole generation treated to nothing but crap and people wonder why the atmosphere is none existent.......

We've got a whole of blues who've never seen us win a button. Hell they've never seen us be anything other then trash with the odd moment of joy and the very odd moment of incredibly mild success during that time. These people are now taking their kids to the match! How the hell is little Peter supposed to ever have any confidence or belief in the club when his Dad has never seen anything good and is probably more defeatist then his kid is after having the idealism ground out of him years ago. Seriously, a whole generation treated to nothing but crap and people wonder why the atmosphere is none existent.......

I was 3 months old when we last won something. But any time i've gone the game (had a season ticket in 14/15 but for work reasons it's just not possible now) and any time I get over, I want to be part of an angry, up for it crowd. Same with my local rugby league team when I go down there.

Not gonna start scrapping or swearing, but if you can't get behind your team at the match what's the point.

Our home crowd may be great in terms of attendances, and we are. And any tributes etc, we're brilliant. But the fact is, whenever Z-Cars ends, there's nothing unless/until there's some perceived injustice. No chants. No getting behind the players.

Now I appreciate we've been pretty tosh over the last few years, and it works both ways, but there comes a point where we have to stop making excuses just like we have to stop making excuses for the team's poor displays.

I was 3 months old when we last won something. But any time i've gone the game (had a season ticket in 14/15 but for work reasons it's just not possible now) and any time I get over, I want to be part of an angry, up for it crowd. Same with my local rugby league team when I go down there.

Not gonna start scrapping or swearing, but if you can't get behind your team at the match what's the point.

Our home crowd may be great in terms of attendances, and we are. And any tributes etc, we're brilliant. But the fact is, whenever Z-Cars ends, there's nothing unless/until there's some perceived injustice. No chants. No getting behind the players.

Now I appreciate we've been pretty tosh over the last few years, and it works both ways, but there comes a point where we have to stop making excuses just like we have to stop making excuses for the team's poor displays.
Even the players coming out to Z-Cars isn't what it was once was and I'm not talking about compared to a few decades ago - it's changed in the last five or so.

Yep, plenty of smaller teams have far better "fans" than we do and have never won enything or at least not nearly like we have. It is a crap excuse that we are quiet cos we have not won anything for ages.

It is so deep rooted in the fan base too, too many moaners if you do say anything or called kopites for having a laugh. Thy want you too sit there in silence and just tell our players that they are sh1t

The problem with the crowd just doesn't affect EFC...it's throughout football now.

The reason is too many woman involved in men's professional football now from pundits right down to too many in the ground.

Eh?

Too late......
s-l1600.jpg

The fans who never win anything in the other 3 divisions all seem to enjoy togger games, premier League football is where it's gone dead for atmosphere. The problem with Everton is we are in limbo far more than any other team, forever on the coat tails of the big boys, never quite reaching where we want to be but the crowd demand that we play and get results like we are one of the big boys.

Evertonians have had the life sucked out of them since 87 but they still have the same expectations as then and so you get a massive disconnect of reality and expectation. It'll take some success to start to get the crowd roaring consistently again, I dunno how this will happen as we are not good enough to win the League by a long long stretch but somehow people have got to start going to the game and enjoying it again, tough when we are consistently inconsistent.

I'm past making excuses for it mate. I've been angry and depressed about the atmosphere for to often over the last eight years to dwell on it anymore. Goodison is dead and there's no fixing it through recriminations. The genie is well and truly out of the bottle and there's no putting him back at this point. I've been desperate for a singing section for years and have even emailed the club about it on several occasions but all to no avail. There's no point in crying about spilt milk any more than it comes down to the atmosphere. If you want somthing done, get onto the club like I have. If enough people endlessly bombard them with emails after every single dead home game they might actually start to listen and finally do somthing about it. That's the only way forward at this point for anyone who's as concerned about the atmosphere as I am.:(

When people refer to those classic atmospheres of Bayern Munich and Fiorentina, it’s a little sad that that means not one classic home atmosphere in 11 years.

I'm past making excuses for it mate. I've been angry and depressed about the atmosphere for to often over the last eight years to dwell on it anymore. Goodison is dead and there's no fixing it through recriminations. The genie is well and truly out of the bottle and there's no putting him back at this point. I've been desperate for a singing section for years and have even emailed the club about it on several occasions but all to no avail. There's no point in crying about spilt milk any more than it comes down to the atmosphere. If you want somthing done, get onto the club like I have. If enough people endlessly bombard them with emails after every single dead home game they might actually start to listen and finally do somthing about it. That's the only way forward at this point for anyone who's as concerned about the atmosphere as I am.:(
Loads of our fans don't even know what a singing section is, bet you even today after many years of fans explaining what they're about you'd still get some absolute bellend still thinking it's "manufacturing an atmosphere"!

Status
Not open for further replies.