Stats that quantify why we aren't good enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very galling fact look how much the teams who are currently 1st and 2nd in the league have spent since 2014.

The top 4 Mr Moshiri didn't expect to be in when took over.

zdthazrx15821.jpg

You lot got some manners put on ye last night.lol:dance:

Yeah our ball retention is utterly, utterly woeful. The thing is a hot potato.

We desperately need more ballers. Digne is a good example of the kind of classy ball player we need throughout the side.

I think the most telling stat about Everton is about half time/full time results.

We almost never ever go on to win a game when we are losing at half time.

In the last 10 odd years following Everton i can only think of ONE single result where we turned a game around. This was Vs West Bromwich when we had Lukaku.

In recent times, I am completely resigned to us not winning a game if we are down at half time as we have absolutely no fight.
Last season vs Bournemouth and Watford are two that immediately spring to mind.. unless you meant away from home?

Everton all-time Premier League away record vs ‘big six’

Played: 156

Won: 16

Drawn: 44

Lost: 96

Last win at them lot 1999
Last win at Chelski 1994
Last win at Arse 1996
1 win since 1994 at OT

:(

Last season vs Bournemouth and Watford are two that immediately spring to mind.. unless you meant away from home?
Fantastic. Totally forgot about those 2 results aha.. The prince was our saviour Vs Bournemouth.

This makes 3 turnarounds then which makes me feel better. Genuinely couldn't remember any others!

Do you know the exact thing that this thread proves.....

It proves that Allardyce was exactly right to play the way he did with this team. They are not good enough to be able to retain possession and play a possession based game as well as getting the results requires to be in the league position required.

When he was manager at Bolton and he had players like Okocha and Djorkaeff they played a very attractive style.

So what we've just done is gotten rid of a very good manager who was progressing us as a club and replaced him with someone who is clearly worse for the purpose that the majority of fans didn't realise that Sam was doing the best he could with a limited bunch of players. That has been proven by this thread.

From 2014-15 - 2017/18 Prem only We have =
Lost 47 games when conceding 1st
Drew 17 games when conceding 1st and
Won 7 games when conceding 1st
Lost 7 when scored 1st
Drew 17 when scored 1st and
Won 46 when scored 1st
With 12 0-0 games.
Notice the mirroring, I predict a win and we score 1st next game.
Oh and we were comeback kings to WBA x2, Bournmouth, Watford, Swansea, and ARSENAL (can't remember who the other team were)

Do you know the exact thing that this thread proves.....

It proves that Allardyce was exactly right to play the way he did with this team. They are not good enough to be able to retain possession and play a possession based game as well as getting the results requires to be in the league position required.

When he was manager at Bolton and he had players like Okocha and Djorkaeff they played a very attractive style.

So what we've just done is gotten rid of a very good manager who was progressing us as a club and replaced him with someone who is clearly worse for the purpose that the majority of fans didn't realise that Sam was doing the best he could with a limited bunch of players. That has been proven by this thread.

Silva has basically done what BFS did but in a more open football manner. At least we can openly see where we are now lacking because we are attempting to play footy. Under BFS it wasn't open because of the defensive style. We could do that now and probably collect more points than BFS did but we are not and hopefully will not revert to all out defence again. Our aim is to progress and to achieve that we have to attempt football. Unsuccessful attempt at the moment but we are trying rather than parking the bus. Better on the eye and more chance of success.

I would say at the present moment with Silva in charge we will finish 12th/13th, certain posters want to take there blue tinted glasses off and look at the picture more closely, we are not very good.

I bet you Man Utd fans were glad Fergie wasn't sacked during his first 4 years of atrocity depite breaking the British spending record almost each of those 4 years.
Glad we never sacked Howie and stuck by him.
I think a little time (more than one window) to see if he can improve and get the players to suit his system.

I bet you Man Utd fans were glad Fergie wasn't sacked during his first 4 years of atrocity depite breaking the British spending record almost each of those 4 years.
Glad we never sacked Howie and stuck by him.
I think a little time (more than one window) to see if he can improve and get the players to suit his system.

yeah football was a little bit different 30 years ago tho….

Status
Not open for further replies.