January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily.

DCL got 4 goals and 6 assists for us in the league compared to Abraham's 5 goals and 1 assist.

Don't get the idea that DCL is not good enough at prem level yet would give Abraham a shout

Be intersting to see, wouldn’t be as confident as you, but would be interesting to see how would do in that division.

Sometimes it doesn’t work out at a club, he was only 20. Physically, he mightn’t have been ready for the Prem, it happens, and they were in a relegation scrap. Look at his record either side of his Swansea stint.

23 in 41 for Bristol City and 16 in 20 for Villa. The lads a striker. Can he do it in the Prem? It’s a gamble but one worth taking for me. To call him average is a bit silly.

disagree completely, we NEED a striker, going out and gambling on another one is suicide

Sometimes it doesn’t work out at a club, he was only 20. Physically, he mightn’t have been ready for the Prem, it happens, and they were in a relegation scrap. Look at his record either side of his Swansea stint.

23 in 41 for Bristol City and 16 in 20 for Villa. The lads a striker. Can he do it in the Prem? It’s a gamble but one worth taking for me. To call him average is a bit silly.

Stats all point towards him joining the list of prolific championship strikers that cant do it in the prem!

This gamble on the likes of Abraham talk in here.

You guys realise that to get him we have to spend money, and pay him right?

So if he is crap then we are stuck with him. Same as the other load of players we were stuck with after walsh thought he was the best at football manager 2017-18

The Nigerian/English lad at Leicester had the exact same conversations about him last year and he vanished off the face of the earth once someone other than Everton bought him

It is ALMOST as if all transfers are a gamble and a lot depends on the combination of player/club/manager involved.

People shouting down Abraham but spouting that we need a “proven goalscorer”: Like Chelsea did when they signed Torres/Shevchenko? Or United did when they signed Falcao?

There is no guaranteed route to success but I’d suggest £18m on a young forward who is tearing up the league below is far less of a risk than some overpriced foreign player with a sexy name just because half the GOT forum blam in their kecks over his YouTube video.

- The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.

Just quickly grabbed from the premier league website, so I suppose its a no.

Thats for premier league clubs to premier league clubs i think...cant see any rules for foreign clubs loaning players.

Status
Not open for further replies.