Shocking Fact

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we are crap cos we havnt won something we are not even competing in?

Might as well lob in our appalling record in the SPL and French league for all the sense the OP makes.
Our record in the uk snooker championship is not good(go away john virgo)

Ha ha. I've got my son suffering massive depression.. So I'm not in a great place. And my club have pithed me off, ok. I get the 'we're an established PL team' bit.. But where is the damn ambition. Please tell me which established, top line trophy winning manager we ever appoint. We only got three out of heaven knows how many of those gambles right - Catterick, Kendall I and Royle.

Dan, I agree with you entirely that this current Everton setup - not side, the whole club - is completely broken and doesn't function in an identifiable way. It's a complete mess. Ever since we gave Martinez a new five year deal one season in we seem to have collectively lost our mind. I can't get behind stats relating to play-offs and promotions as I hope we never ever do see those matches with our club involved, but the fact that bar '95 we've been in, what, one final in the premier league era is the grossest indicator of our failures. When you include us only being in last-day, could be relegated trouble twice in that time too, it shows that for 25 years or whatever we have been barely a hint of relevant. We've existed.

I'm from the generation of Everton fans whose seen us during 1990's relegation battles and mid table mediocrity and even I find this a baffling fact to point out.

So if we'd have been relegated to League 1 and then got back up via 2 promotions that would be better than us being a top flight club during that time, with the odd European tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.