Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maddison dropped to the bench mate. Seems our gameplan today is to stay in the game for the first 60 minutes and then bring on some fresh attacking players. Very risky
That's our plan as well, with Bernard on the bench to come on when required. This could be avery open game.
How many times does he actually do that though? Never seems to take his man on either.

Have a look again. He's very often the out ball from our defence,and Pickford uses the long punt beyond the opposing left back often.

Coleman has not been the same player since coming back from that horrendous injury, his form this season is average at best, should be dropped for that header to Eriksen alone, schoolboy defending.

Kenny isn't the longterm answer either.

The comments on here are proper crazy, someone said on here not long ago that our fans are so critical and negative all the time that it effects the players and has them not preforming up to their potential. It was also said and I agree with it that if we swapped the 25 man squad with Liverpool, they with our current players would still be closer to the top than we would be with their players. They get behind the team and the players respond in a positive way, we bitch, moan, boo and the players respond in a negitive way. I'm strongly considering removing myself from Everton forums and anything to do with dealing online with other Everton fans it's depressing before during and after the game. And I will hold my hand up and say before someone points it out that yes I have been critical of players on here too, I've grown out of it now and have seen it for what it is, a totally pointless endeavour that only makes things worse and until attitudes change towards how the team is "supported" we will never progress too much on the field... Rant over.
I have to admit that I have also thought about leaving (which would be a shame as I have been here from the start in one form or another) due to the rampant negativity from a wide section of posters.

Walcott still in...
so he dropped Coleman because of bad performance but never does that for Walcott. Oh well.
Interesting. Take your chance Jonjoe. The seemingly updroppable Theo Walcott continues however.
Maybe Walcott performing poorly is tied to Coleman behind him. The one game Lookman got to start he was struggling too on that side. Common denominator and all that

....Walcott isn’t performing well but he continues to get into good goalscoring positions. Nobody else provides that level of threat from the right side. When fit, Lookman prefers to be left sided but rarely pops up in the box when the ball is on the other flank. Walcott not scoring regularly is noticeable because he’s continually getting on the end of chances.

I can still see Pereira turning Kenny inside out over and over again in the previous fixture, think he would probably do the same to Coleman at the moment anyway. Hopefully Kenny takes his chance

It's a shame to see the negative comments about Coleman. There was a time when I thought he was one of the best in the league for his position. Had no idea he's regressed so much
He had begun his decline a few years ago but was still a decent right back, the injury however has dented him to no end. Not really his fault but there's very little room for sentimentality in football if you want to get to the top...

Status
Not open for further replies.