January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
....not surprised in the least that a high-profile Championship club have taken a chance on Browning. Every U23 game i’ve seen this season, Browning has been a stand-out. That might say lots about the standard at that level, but he cruises through games and I posted he was likely to be snapped up.

I wish him well.

Frees up a bit of space...hopefully someone comes in for Galloway and perhaps a couple of others as well.

.....welcome to 2019 and welcome to the first day of the January transfer window. Here’s what the rumour columns are saying about the Toffees this Tuesday morning (and it mainly appears to be about outgoings);

- The Liverpool Echo say Marco Silva has confirmed Morgan Schneiderlin will not be leaving Everton in this transfer window. Silva wants to keep the French international at Goodison to battle for midfield positions.

- According to Read Everton website, the Toffees have agreed to let defender Tyias Browning join Championship side Aston Villa on loan until the end of the season. It is now up to Villa to agree personal terms with the player who has made 9 career appearances for Everton.

- ESPN and various other outlets report 22 year old Everton defender Mason Holgate’s loan move to West Brom will be formally announced today.

- Fanatik report Cenk Tosun is wanted by Fenerbahce on loan in January despite the players previous allegiance to Besiktas. However, it is believed Tosun prefers to avoid a move to Turkey if he does leave Goodison this month.

- Bild suggest Borussia Dortmund were looking at a potential swoop for Everton Forward Henry Onyekuru who is having a successful season for Galatasaray, but the German newspaper say the club don’t want a ‘problem professional’ in their ranks. The negative slant is linked to reports of alleged missing child support payments.

- The Express pick up on yesterday’s rumours, suggesting Everton’s priority is signing Andre Gomes on a permanent deal as well as linking the Toffees to forwards Callum Wilson and Michy Batshuayi. They also suggest Everton are likely to wait until the summer to bring a forward in.
Go 'Ed Eggs La!

Tosun has never been a target man in his life, what are you talking about? He played a lot of CF for Besiktas, but usually as a roaming CF and was much better facing goal. Sometimes he'd play off the back shoulder of defenders, sometimes he'd drop deep and face goal, sometimes he'd head out wide. Very active, good movement, good finisher and a good passer, which is why he always got a bunch of assists. Became a decent dribbler, but he's like maybe 6 feet tall and can't really jump well. He was also often was used out on the left or the right as an inside forward or as a second striker. He has never been a target guy. He's kinda strong and okay in the air, but that's not his game.

Good assessment. Whether he suits Everton I'm not sure,it depends almost entirely on his goal return,despite his other qualities. He can be cool and clinical in front of goal,but doesn't always seem to be there when he should. I think he's largely been playing to orders from Silva, and this is why Silva has indicated that he has a future at Everton.But we will need a starting striker for the summer,next season being our break through season,if all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.