• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He looks like a manager that has seen a few Barcelona games play from the back and walked into the dressing room and said right lads this is how we're going to play.

The danger of keeping him here too long is he completely transforms the team into an offensive side over the next few transfer windows. Gets sacked and then gives the next manager a massive rebuilding job.

Which translates into we should’ve kept Allardyce.

Lol.

He looks like a manager that has seen a few Barcelona games play from the back and walked into the dressing room and said right lads this is how we're going to play.

The danger of keeping him here too long is he completely transforms the team into an offensive side over the next few transfer windows. Gets sacked and then gives the next manager a massive rebuilding job.
See I don't think Brands will let that happen. I also think if Silva was to go Brands will be the one responsible for the appointment, he will go for someone who can work with the squad, unlike Moshiri who went for someone just because they won a few games at Watford.
Fully expect Silva to be here the start of next season but no way does he get a three year honeymoon period

Didnt anyone expect to crack the top 6 this year? Being serious?

Id give him this season to see what the squads about etc.. next season assuming we spend again jan and summer we HAVE to challange at least for top 6 and not be miles out the equation by mid way

How is 7th a `good achievement'. It is clearly par.

5/6th would be a `good season' and resemble progress,

4th would be an excellent achievment.

We have the 7th biggest wage bill and have spent way more on players in recent times than the cluster of clubs around us at the moment.
7th would be par and not `progress'.

8/9/10th would be sub par, underachievment.

11th or lower a disgrace.

Silva came into a team progressing from the lower depths of the league to 8th and we spent fortunes in the summer

The dellusion continues.

If you thought we were ever in with a shout of 4th this season then you certainly know a thing or two about delusion.

Didnt anyone expect to crack the top 6 this year? Being serious?

Id give him this season to see what the squads about etc.. next season assuming we spend again jan and summer we HAVE to challange at least for top 6 and not be miles out the equation by mid way

We are as many points behind United as United are behind Chelsea (4th). You can be certain United haven’t given up on fourth.

And that’s before getting anywhere near the ridiculous argument that the benchmark for Silva was pretty much 2 points per game by halfway!! Crazy.

Insead of critical one line digs surely would be useful to discuss the subject.

We have the 7th highest wage bill in prem, have spent more than anyone outside top 6, we finished 8th last year.

Please explain why 7th isn't par, anything under poor. Anything over good to outstanding.

We have the 7th highest wage bill in prem, have spent more than anyone outside top 6, we finished 8th last year.

Please explain why 7th isn't par, anything under poor. Anything over good to outstanding.

Why? What we think makes no difference.

CLOSE EVERYTHING

Were you present during the Koeman 18 months?

Just out of interest and am not trying to be arsey here but going forward with the squad we have what formation and team would you play to make us better and am not saying silva has done great but give the fella a bit of time here FFS

I'll be honest I never wanted him in the first place same way I never wanted Martinez. Both had glaring weaknesses and stubborn attributes which will never bring any meaningful success long or short term.

I was open to him proving me wrong but he's so far done worse with players like Digne, Richarlison, Gomes and Mina than Alladyce with players like Martina, Williams Baines and Klaassan.

He's beaten only one side in the top 10, no sides in the top 6, has inconsistent results and poor game management in terms of no Plan B and late substitutions.

Clubs like Wolves, Watford and Leicester above us in the table despite spending less on signings and have all beaten sides in the top 6 (some convincingly aswell).

If he had a previous track record of success I would be willing to give him 18-24 months to try get things on track but he has no relative success to his name in any of europes top leagues / competitions likewise his two jobs in England he was relegated with one club and sacked from the other.

Im no mystic meg but im 90% certain if we give this bloke another 12-18 months and a further £100-150 million to spend we'll still be 9-11th come this time next season as he just isn't good enough to go much further.
I understand your frustration, I haven’t felt proud of an Everton side since Joe Royle was manager and such a long period of failure feeds impatience.
But I think you are being harsh on Silva’s record. His performance at Estoril was truly exceptional, he didn’t disappoint at his two subsequent bigger clubs either. He was highly regarded when he took Hull on. Despite failing to save them from relegation he did transform from relegation certainties to give them a fighting chance under what were very difficult financial restrictions. His performance at Watford was likewise very good at the outset but he clearly had difficulties with the club when he did not feel they backed his judgement adequately.
I don’t discount your criticism of him merely point out that there are always two sides of every view , nothing is black or white but usually a shade of grey as is the case here.
In the end he remains , like the young managers you would prefer, promising but as yet unproven.
You mention the teams above us but we are amongst them on points not adrift. None of the teams around us is any more consistent than ourselves at this point which is why we are all mid table clubs and we have been that for some decades now.
Ultimately his performance so far , while open to criticism, does not merit dismissal after 4 months.
Moshiri and Brands will in all likelihood be more patient and loyal to a man they have appointed and who has just ,in relative terms begun his task.

An odd comment. Since he is as you say an offensive manager it stands to reason that if we did sack him Brands would appoint another offensive manager to work with the players recruited to that style.
In any case after 11 years of Moist I’d prefer we establish an offensive style of play.
I don’t know if you’ve noticed but the top of the league is entirely dominated by offensive teams.
One the last great defensive managers has failed in his last two jobs.
For the time being offensive football denotes successful football, unit no doubt the pendulum swings back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.