• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you follow your own advice. I wasnt fooled by you Martinez fan boys when he led us to glorious 11th placed finishes and im sure as hell not being brainwashed into thinking all is well and dandy with this current clown when atleast Martinez had an FA Cup to his name.

I respect your opinion and all but please your preaching to the wrong choir here. I know the size of this club and its potential, pity more dont.

I never ever said an 11th placed finish under RM was good. I don't think I'll be happy if we finish 11th this year. Won't mean I want Silva sacked.

It's got f all to do with the size of the club. A big club doesn't go all out to get a manager than cry him off after four months. We're doing okay. A lot of room for improvement but also clear progress has been made.

Perspective needed tbf West Ham have had their 3 best players out injured in Arnatovic, Lanzini and Yarmolenko. Yes Arnie is back today but is likely rusty whereas we've had a full strength for weeks now and have regressed.
Thankfully, we haven't once looked as gutless as they did today. They got dominated.

Nagelsmann would be a risk but he's taken Hoffenheim into the CL and has them playing good football which is both attacking but also not suicidal at the back. The sort of balance we need imo.

Sampaouli is a wild card I threw in there, he's a mixed bag tbh, not done much in terms of honours but won Chile their 1st Copa America and had them playing a fantastic pressing game.

He then spent a season at Sevilla and had them in the top 4 and got them their 2nd highest points total in their history (also ended their long waited losing streak to Real when they beat them 2-1)

His biggest mistake was leaving Sevilla way too early for Argentina as it went tits up for him.
I very much doubt any manager would have much chance to succeed in the timespan your expectation operates in. You seem to demand success in a 3 or 4 month timeframe, something I find slightly risible.
You compound this by championing the two managers above who are directly comparable to Silva, young managers who still have much to prove.
If you had actual control over the hiring and firing of our club we would be habitually destabilised and bankrupt.
I bet you opened all your presents on Christmas Eve.

I'm not looking at a 20 game sample. I'm just saying this year we're more stylist but we have less points so we're not as effective.

Effective nets Brighton a 1-1 draw with Arsenal, stylist nets Everton a 2-0 defeat vs Arsenal.
Uh, this year IS a 20 game sample. Over time, this team will outperform Sam's team by a mile. This isn't a matter of substance over style, Sam had neither and got lucky as hell. Sam could've gotten us relegated with his "substance". We aren't just better to watch, we are more effective by a mile.

Its laughable that you think Sam would have a better chance of beating BHA by camping out and playing hoofball. We were unlucky, under Sam we were crap.

I very much doubt any manager would have much chance to succeed in the timespan your expectation operates in. You seem to demand success in a 3 or 4 month timeframe, something I find slightly risible.
You compound this by championing the two managers above who are directly comparable to Silva, young managers who still have much to prove.
If you had actual control over the hiring and firing of our club we would be habitually destabilised and bankrupt.
I bet you opened all your presents on Christmas Eve.

I'll be honest I never wanted him in the first place same way I never wanted Martinez. Both had glaring weaknesses and stubborn attributes which will never bring any meaningful success long or short term.

I was open to him proving me wrong but he's so far done worse with players like Digne, Richarlison, Gomes and Mina than Alladyce with players like Martina, Williams Baines and Klaassan.

He's beaten only one side in the top 10, no sides in the top 6, has inconsistent results and poor game management in terms of no Plan B and late substitutions.

Clubs like Wolves, Watford and Leicester above us in the table despite spending less on signings and have all beaten sides in the top 6 (some convincingly aswell).

If he had a previous track record of success I would be willing to give him 18-24 months to try get things on track but he has no relative success to his name in any of europes top leagues / competitions likewise his two jobs in England he was relegated with one club and sacked from the other.

Im no mystic meg but im 90% certain if we give this bloke another 12-18 months and a further £100-150 million to spend we'll still be 9-11th come this time next season as he just isn't good enough to go much further.

He's beaten only one side in the top 10, no sides in the top 6, has inconsistent results and poor game management in terms of no Plan B and late substitutions.

Clubs like Wolves, Watford and Leicester above us in the table despite spending less on signings and have all beaten sides in the top 6 (some convincingly aswell).

Agree on the in-game management to some extent at the moment, but I think in part it’s down to the squad not being quite where he wants it.

And it does my head in when people make innumerate arguments about subsets of the results. Take Leicester: if they have the same points as us (until Tuesday!), and they have beaten City and Chelsea, what does it tell you about how they’ve performed against non-top-six teams by comparison with us?

We are all broadly in the same boat at the moment. EFC, Wolves, West Ham, Watford. Sad but true. It’s because we are putting right the errors of the post-Moyes era. And that won’t be complete in one summer and 20 matches, even if we had Zidane!

Honestly it makes me a bit sad reading some of the posts in here. The season so far has been slightly disappointing in a real sense. Obviously we want to be top of the league but realistically 7th would be a good return for us this season, and we’re in with a decent shout of finding ourselves there on Tuesday. The managers been here a couple of months and Is trying to make big changes. Of course we can be frustrated and comment on poor results, but talk of sacking him or moaning about his previous record is Just embarrassing. Get a grip blues.

I'll be honest I never wanted him in the first place same way I never wanted Martinez. Both had glaring weaknesses and stubborn attributes which will never bring any meaningful success long or short term.

I was open to him proving me wrong but he's so far done worse with players like Digne, Richarlison, Gomes and Mina than Alladyce with players like Martina, Williams Baines and Klaassan.

If he had a previous track record of success I would be willing to give him 18-24 months to try get things on track but he has no relative success to his name in any of europes top leagues / competitions likewise his two jobs in England he was relegated with one club and sacked from the other.

Im no mystic meg but im 90% certain if we give this bloke another 12-18 months and a further £100-150 million to spend we'll still be 9-11th come this time next season as he just isn't good enough to go much further.
Good post. Nothing about this manager lends me any confidence that he’s the one that’ll elevate us to the next level.

Nagelsmann would be a risk but he's taken Hoffenheim into the CL and has them playing good football which is both attacking but also not suicidal at the back. The sort of balance we need imo.

Sampaouli is a wild card I threw in there, he's a mixed bag tbh, not done much in terms of honours but won Chile their 1st Copa America and had them playing a fantastic pressing game.

He then spent a season at Sevilla and had them in the top 4 and got them their 2nd highest points total in their history (also ended their long waited losing streak to Real when they beat them 2-1)

His biggest mistake was leaving Sevilla way too early for Argentina as it went tits up for him.

Argentina also hasn’t been the easiest nation to manage for quite some time.

I think we need to stick with Marco and let him do what he’s doing. he hasn’t had nearly enough time and I would suggest that stability, along with player recruitment, investment etc are the key to progress and eventually success.

There’s no one more annoyed/frustrated with how we have performed this season but looking at the squad/backroom/board turnover in the past 2/3 seasons we need some time for someone to build something good.

Up to and including the 94th minute of the derby I think we were making progress and getting better and better. Last season we could barely muster a shot on target and we were trying to get a trick out of Rooney, Sandro, Klaasan, Mangala, Williams, Martina before that it was Kone, Alcarez, McGeady, Besic, etc - yes I’m being selective but we’ve had a decent recruitment drive with a load more still to be shipped out. We seem to have good people in the right posts and I include Silva in that. I’m all for ventilation after a poor performance/spell of form but I’m prepared to give these guys time to get us going.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....at-happened-roberto-martinezs-24-15432028.amp

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/e...bad-signing-no-hope-aspirations-of-bigger-job

How is 7th a `good achievement'. It is clearly par.

5/6th would be a `good season' and resemble progress,

4th would be an excellent achievment.

We have the 7th biggest wage bill and have spent way more on players in recent times than the cluster of clubs around us at the moment.
7th would be par and not `progress'.

8/9/10th would be sub par, underachievment.

11th or lower a disgrace.

Silva came into a team progressing from the lower depths of the league to 8th and we spent fortunes in the summer

The dellusion continues.

He looks like a manager that has seen a few Barcelona games play from the back and walked into the dressing room and said right lads this is how we're going to play.

The danger of keeping him here too long is he completely transforms the team into an offensive side over the next few transfer windows. Gets sacked and then gives the next manager a massive rebuilding job.

How is 7th a `good achievement'. It is clearly par.

5/6th would be a `good season' and resemble progress,

4th would be an excellent achievment.

We have the 7th biggest wage bill and have spent way more on players in recent times than the cluster of clubs around us at the moment.
7th would be par and not `progress'.

8/9/10th would be sub par, underachievment.

11th or lower a disgrace.

Silva came into a team progressing from the lower depths of the league to 8th and we spent fortunes in the summer

The dellusion continues.
Hmm. You are curious.

He looks like a manager that has seen a few Barcelona games play from the back and walked into the dressing room and said right lads this is how we're going to play.

The danger of keeping him here too long is he completely transforms the team into an offensive side over the next few transfer windows. Gets sacked and then gives the next manager a massive rebuilding job.

Thats why we have Brands.

Absolute pamperettes in this thread....hungover from Brighton jolly..but holy moly get a kin grip...going to watch us is way more optimistic and enjoyable.....as its all about opinions I quite like him.....the players have a lot to answer for and the finishing has been horrendous at times....a lot more composure in front of goal and the derby for instance cuddaa shudda had a minimum draw if not win...Chelsea missed chances...Arsenal..should of been put to bed the chances we had...hey ho

Status
Not open for further replies.