• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Silva started with five strung out in defence and five in mid field, no central striker and Sigurdsson on the bench in todays game against Brighton. In the away game v City he played a three man experimental defence. The man is out of his depth and remains clueless. Against Burnley we were lucky to come up against a very poor team performance by them, less said the better about the Spurs game. If Silva remains at Goodison then Everton are heading nowhere except the middle reaches of the Premier League if we are lucky. As others have said, the players are there at the club but we have only clueless management.

We beat Burnley 5-1. Players on a high

Then he states in the press conference (or was told to by someone high up) that we are unlikely to be signing anyone this January. It’s the usual story we hear every December.

However why say that a day before the game?

Instantly all the players who aren’t pulling their weight think great I can relax as my place is secure

And the ones who are performing (albeit not many) think what? Where’s the ambition?

Complete joke of a thing to say and it’s typical of Everton to say the wrong thing at the wrong time.

Hence you see a completely lack lustre performance today

For what it’s worth, the utter mess left behind by Martinez’ last few months and the majority of Koeman’s reign are going to take more than 6 months to put right. It really is shocking to me how much damage they left in their wake.

Silva is by no means perfect and he is going to have to learn and adapt very quickly, but I honestly think if we actually give him time, we’ve got the right infrastructure at the club now to actually make progress.

One thing that needs addressing at the club as a whole is the general weak mentality that seems to ebb through the players, and the speed at which they seem to crumble when something goes against us is frightening. Not sure where you start fixing that though.

Anyway, just my two cents, we were never going to send shockwaves through the league this season, let Brands work his magic in the summer again and see what happens next season.

Sound, say we bin him off and pay another *x*million quid to pay his contract up. Then we jump back on the managerial merry go round and go through the same process again and again.

I don’t know if Silva’s the answer, he could be a fraud. But I know getting rid of (another) manager who’s only 6 months into his tenure is bordering on negligence and stinks of having no clue/vision of how to run a football club.

Sound, say we bin him off and pay another *x*million quid to pay his contract up. Then we jump back on the managerial merry go round and go through the same process again and again.

I don’t know if Silva’s the answer, he could be a fraud. But I know getting rid of (another) manager who’s only 6 months into his tenure is bordering on negligence and stinks of having no clue/vision of how to run a football club.

I don’t think anyone is saying get rid now.

I don’t think so anyway.

Wait...are they?!

He needs to create more than a team. He needs a sea change in culture.

I despise how content our players are with losing. They are spineless overpaid wasters in the most part. We need to become far more ruthless with our playing staff. If we were as quick to bin off underperforming players as we are managers, then we might get somewhere.

People who are saying that sacking him causes another mess largely do not understand the DOF role.

We now employ coaches not managers and said coaches will be similiar in style and philosophy.

Let Brands get his own man in he knows he stuff unlike the bumbling buffoons Kenwright and Moshiri.

No offence mate but we aint arsed what arsenal fans think of emery.

I care more about EFC and at present our manager is criminally underperforming. Same as Koeman and Martinez.

Maybe the buffoons at boardroom level should let a real football man (Brands) appoint the next one?

If you bothered to read back a page or two you would see it in context.

The point was most of us would have been raving with Emery yet he's being doubted by the Arsenal fans just like Silva is by us and he's got a proven track record.

Klopp was doubted early on, Guardiola too. Managers need time - especially more than 6 months.

He needs to create more than a team. He needs a sea change in culture.

I despise how content our players are with losing. They are spineless overpaid wasters in the most part. We need to become far more ruthless with our playing staff. If we were as quick to bin off underperforming players as we are managers, then we might get somewhere.

I fully agree. Noone really cares if we walk off the pitch losing, has been like that for a while. That's the difference between a successful team and a midtable team. We accept the loss.

If you bothered to read back a page or two you would see it in context.

The point was most of us would have been raving with Emery yet he's being doubted by the Arsenal fans just like Silva is by us and he's got a proven track record.

Klopp was doubted early on, Guardiola too. Managers need time - especially more than 6 months.

Arsenals expectations are to win the league

Ours is to finish 7th

I would say our aims are a tad more realistic considering the money we have spent to Watford and the like in comparison to what Arsenal have spent to Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Arsenals expectations are to win the league

Ours is to finish 7th

I would say our aims are a tad more realistic considering the money we have spent to Watford and the like in comparison to what Arsenal have spent to Man City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Arsenal have top 4 expectations yes. But they haven't won the league in ages now and only the most deluded of arsenal fans would have thought the title was realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.