• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Allardyce and his style too but this isn't acceptable either. There's been nothing to suggest we're on any kind of upward trend of style or results, sorry if that sounds like I'm trying to argue with you but it's nearly 4.30am here and I'm tired and pissed off with this club after watching that rubbish.

Well we are not going to be anywhere near relegation and we aren't going to explode into pieces before the end of the season, so all we can do is hope he has shown enough to warrant the second season with a better squad. We will see in the summer.

Overall there's more quality in the first team and we create way more chances. I don't dread watching us, despite the horrific December we have just had. I'm still optimistic we will see a couple of good runs next year and unexpected wins and will be be able to go into the summer talking about building further on a decent first season.

He isn't going anywhere this season, and you would hope that if Brands feels he is not the man for the job he would know what to do come the summer.

I’m still behind Silva, we can’t just keep sacking managers we need to give him time, today was more frustrating than the spurs game for me.

This was like so many away games over the last few years, would be slightly the better side, not take chances and concede as soon as we have 10mins of pressure on us.

For me it’s all about not have enough composed players, who are clinical. Bernard technically is a good player, but you just know the guy will never score goals, his slow reaction to Richarlison’s knock down and the right foot shot after he’d done the hard work, sums him up unfortunately.

Then you have Walcott, virtually anonymous, but had one chance to put gana in at the back post and over hits it. And another with men either side outside the box he instead tries to take 3 Brighton players on.

Gana did brilliantly to Get the ball, runs to the edge of the box and doesn’t know what to do. He would have be better having a shot.

And the Coleman chance, why not hit it first time, instead tried to bring it onto his left foot, but his poor technique lost the chance.

The top teams would have been 3 up at half time. I know we were a little unlucky 2nd half, but I feel some of the overseas players need to wise up.

I don’t like Richarlison up front, but he needs to start staying on his feet. And Mina fir his yellow card which led to their goal. Imo he could have easily won the ball, but seemed only concerned taking out the man.

Very disappointing, but we need to see how the next 2/3 windows pan out. As it’s plain as day, 5 or 6 in this team aren’t good enough

Well we are not going to be anywhere near relegation and we aren't going to explode into pieces before the end of the season, so all we can do is hope he has shown enough to warrant the second season with a better squad. We will see in the summer.

Overall there's more quality in the first team and we create way more chances. I don't dread watching us, despite the horrific December we have just had. I'm still optimistic we will see a couple of good runs next year and unexpected wins and will be be able to go into the summer talking about building further on a decent first season.

He isn't going anywhere this season, and you would hope that if Brands feels he is not the man for the job he would know what to do come the summer.
Frustrating if we've got it wrong again and another year or 2 is wasted is what's getting to me, with arsenal and man utd suddenly looking so poor now and the last few seasons was a good time to try and break into the top 4. Yet here we are dithering around in mid table getting rolled by teams we shouldn't

But surely half a season is enough to judge a manager when we are doing so poorly in comparison to the resources spent?

Its like our fanbase are happy giving every manager 3 years before either sacking or giving a new contract.

We have a DOF who ensures a healthy transition between managers its why Watford can chop and change every season and still play the same style and players.

Sacking Silva based on his current record would do us no damage providing Brands was the one able to recruit the new manager and not Moshiri with his hard on for flavours of the month at midtable sides.

I disagree. Half a season to fix the mess the squad has been in?

We're not Chelsea who can get away with a reputation for sacking managers every 6 months.

Yes we can Deco and I say sack the tit

Only joking but he has to bin off this putting 6 forwards on and just hoping for the best at the end of matches. Not only does it very rarely work but it really does make him look very amateurish as a manager and leaves him wide open for criticism

Agreed, he needs to improve with his decision making with subs. There was a 5-10 minute spell before we conceded when it was obvious we needed a change and it came too late.

There are no consequences for poor performance, due to the severe lack of depth.

That said, its the lethargy with which we seem to get stuck in for many games, that we can't seem to shake off, and has been bedeviling the club since 2014.

We only react when we go a goal behind, and then its too late.

In the absence of enough quality to see us have an off day and still win, I demand 110% physical effort and aggression, I demand that anyway, but we don't get it near often enough. Alone, that would be worth more points, the possible difference between 11th and 7th.

Silva, to date, hasn't shown he is yet able to address that problem. It is a huge worry.

I know it doesn't make a difference that he isn't more demonstrative on the sideline, but with the crop of players we have and have had, I would be more re-assured with a Conte type manager constantly shouting at and haranguing the players.

I'm not saying get rid of Silva, but it is so bloody frustrating this. The club has to be dragged kicking and screaming from the torpor we are in.

I disagree. Half a season to fix the mess the squad has been in?

We're not Chelsea who can get away with a reputation for sacking managers every 6 months.

Agreed, he needs to improve with his decision making with subs. There was a 5-10 minute spell before we conceded when it was obvious we needed a change and it came too late.

Why cant we?

Im being serious maybe if the club had a ruthless streak in it instead of this plucky Everton crap we might have actually done something these last 23 years.

Everything about this club from top to bottom screams "ah too bad we'll try another day".

Its shocking how far this club has fallen and no one seems arsed to try help the old girl up

The derby wiped the momentum away from us. We just need to find a streak again. We are 2 points behind 7place. It’s hardly a disaster. Yes it should be better, but we are not a terrible side and have some players now that we could build a side around in the summer
What about the myriad of times where we’ve been tactically out thought? We literally blame Liverpool for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.