Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
city just too good for us. loads for marco to work on yet. thought mina and sigurdsson were poor, walcott offers nothing, either when he starts or off the bench. decent striker badly needed and i would go back to zouma/ keane partnership next week. not all negative though, at least we're creating chances. its the newcastle/ watford matches i'm more disappointed in than today.

Crazy when you think that, had we taken our chances, we could've won this. Even more remarkable really considering we had couple of non contributors today in Mina and Sigurdsson. This passing out lark around the box all hinges on whether that passing is accurate....and ours isn't, to say the least. Ironic that when Richarlison had the direct pressure taken off him by virtue of DCL playing, he wasted clear chances when through. One of those days for him I guess today....he'll come good again. I thought Zouma had a good game at the back...and boy we needed him. I hope Marco Silva has a word with Jordan Pickford over those over-hit sliced clearances that are becoming more frequent. I dont grasp even why he does it with high balls to tiny tots like Bernard and then in the second half Walcott. Ah well.

...playing 3 CBs in what was effectively a back 5 often causes confusion. Despite this, I went for Zouma as he stuck to his task.

If there’s a positive, we did create chances. Nice little cameo from Lookman, it’s what he needs to do. Gomes continues to impress.

Not against Spurs but in the future I wouldn't mind trying a front two of DCL and Richarlison with Walcott and Lookman down the wings kind of like we finished the game today. For Spurs I'd go with Richarlison back up top with Lookman left and Walcott right. Lookman is our best creator and even better on the left he shows it every time they give him that side.

Not a surprise that we conceded against such a good attacking side, but the centre backs weren’t great today.
Same old issue though up front. Until we break the bank for a top class striker who can take some of the chances that we create, we won’t threaten any of the top sides. Richarlison is a quality player, no doubt about that, but he’s not the number 9 that we need up front.

Status
Not open for further replies.