• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't know where to start against city, honestly if them cowards think they can turn up and put a performance in against city like they have the last 2 games they are going to get absolutely bummed

said it after the derby I hope that goal didn't knock the wind out of our sails as we have been a spineless team before ( we've got new players so didn't think to much of it ) and look at the 2 games since, so frustrating being a blue things never change

Everyone complaining about our home form being awful compared to our away. Yet 5 of our wins have come at home. And we have only lost once at home. Yeah, some of our performances have been good away but it’s results that make the difference. Playing well away when you have nothing to lose is different to playing well at home against teams set up to defend. It shows we have been patient and built it well (and kept going to the end when it’s been frustrating)

Big fan of the changes Silva has made in general but there were a few things that concerned me last night.
Firstly we didn’t look like we were prepared to scrap and as such we hardly won any second balls. We allowed Watford to bully us and on the most part rolled over to them. Thought the ref was poor in terms of not giving us any 50/50s but we should have stood up to Watford a lot more than we did.
Secondly, the sub and formation changes were horrendous. As good as Gomes is he can’t play cm on his own and flooding the team with ‘CF’s’ and wingers handed Watford even more control in the middle.
Would rather have seen Davies come on and before Gana got injured and having a bigger press in midfield and someone prepared to kick some of their players than waste our time bringing Tosun on or Dcl who seemed to be on the touch lines more than through the middle.
We didn’t seem to have a proper plan B last night.
Definitely going in the right direction but nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade when we are throwing away points against teams we should be wiping the floor with.

Problem is he had no one to come off the bench to change the game.

Silva looking back at the bench at 2-1 down to see who he can bring on

No matter what the bench looked like though mate, we should still have had well enough to beat Watford, what makes it worse is that they were coming to us on the back of 4 defeats and 1 draw in their last 5 games.

No matter what the bench looked like though mate, we should still have had well enough to beat Watford, what makes it worse is that they were coming to us on the back of 4 defeats and 1 draw in their last 5 games.
They where really up for the game, we looked tired. We still have players bought by 4 different managers. Our squad depth is poor and I think Silva really wanted to not lose this game and lost his cool and panicked slightly with his subs. We still need 3 1st team starters before we even start on the squad

Anyone see the post match presser? It seemed pretty normal at first but then it looked like he started to get a bit annoyed and he practically stormed off in a huff at the end.

Yep, that was my take as well - we have been found out now by other teams.
This. I think in the last few games it's fairly obvious that other teams have sussed out our 4-2-3-1 system and how we use it, and we don't really seem to have any options for a plan B. It's always DCL and Lookman, DCL is not good enough and Lookman is not taking the chances given to him apart from the odd dribble here and there. We only ever employed this system to accomodate Gylfi in the team, he is clearly tired and not up to the races at the moment so why not go to Silva's prefered 4-3-3. You can see it getting to the players in terms of frustration and being marked out of games because the other team has worked us out. Marco needs to change something i know that.

He should’ve seen things weren’t going well early in that second half and reacted to it. Instead he waited for us to go behind.

It was very poor management.

I don’t understand when things didn’t work he waited until they got the equaliser. By the time the subs came on we were 2-1 down.

I don’t expect to get anything against the money teams, in particular away but come on Newcastle and Watford at home...

Very disappointing indeed the past 2 home results are terrible. I was hoping we can build on and stay at 6th even after the RS game.

This. I think in the last few games it's fairly obvious that other teams have sussed out our 4-2-3-1 system and how we use it, and we don't really seem to have any options for a plan B. It's always DCL and Lookman, DCL is not good enough and Lookman is not taking the chances given to him apart from the odd dribble here and there. We only ever employed this system to accomodate Gylfi in the team, he is clearly tired and not up to the races at the moment so why not go to Silva's prefered 4-3-3. You can see it getting to the players in terms of frustration and being marked out of games because the other team has worked us out. Marco needs to change something i know that.
what players would you pick to play 4 3 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.