2018/19 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me he needs to focus on the basics a bit more rather than giving it the "I'll make mistakes and not let it bother me cos I'm mentally strong"....

The more he says that stuff the more I doubt that he trusts himself.

Wow ....been some traffic in this thread , hard to keep up to be honest.

Think we all agree it was a massive error on Pickfords behalf , but time to drop it now as some of the hate is turning a bit too personal.

Maybe take a little time to look at the lead up to the error. Its not just Pickford that should be held accountable although he will be blamed and rightly so.

But with seconds to go (even after the 4 mins) ...number 1 rule...do not concede any free kicks anywhere.

Why not "stand" the free kick ....then Allison cant run 35 yards and receive a pass from Arnold to punt it goalwards.

Mina wins the header ( heads it to his right) instead of "back where it came from".
Van Dykk skies it ....dropping on the crossbar Pickford makes his error.

As the ball drops goalwards our defenders are like statues as Origi ambles onto the goal line totally unchallenged.

Pickford was undoubtedly caught out big time , but there are other players that need to take a look at themselves , total switch off cost us a well earned draw .

Catalogue of errors as they say.

Wow ....been some traffic in this thread , hard to keep up to be honest.

Think we all agree it was a massive error on Pickfords behalf , but time to drop it now as some of the hate is turning a bit too personal.

Maybe take a little time to look at the lead up to the error. Its not just Pickford that should be held accountable although he will be blamed and rightly so.

But with seconds to go (even after the 4 mins) ...number 1 rule...do not concede any free kicks anywhere.

Why not "stand" the free kick ....then Allison cant run 35 yards and receive a pass from Arnold to punt it goalwards.

Mina wins the header ( heads it to his right) instead of "back where it came from".
Van Dykk skies it ....dropping on the crossbar Pickford makes his error.

As the ball drops goalwards our defenders are like statues as Origi ambles onto the goal line totally unchallenged.

Pickford was undoubtedly caught out big time , but there are other players that need to take a look at themselves , total switch off cost us a well earned draw .

Catalogue of errors as they say.
I'm sure Marco will be making them watch the video over and over again pointing out all the subtle mistakes..

Well, he better had be anyway

Once @pedro1976 has it in for you your days are done lol

I agree though needs to just play no nonsense especially in the big games.

I'm just not bought in by the bravado.... making a howler and shrugging his shoulders whilst chewing gum like a camel.

Listen... I like the lad. He just needs to stop the posturing like he's some goalkeeping Ian Poulter... it's the hardest position on the pitch... Joe Hart gave it all the big man act and it doesn't do anything for mental strength... it just makes you look more of a weapon when you make a mistake.

In some ways it could be the best thing that happens to him. John Stones had that misplaced cockiness which made you feel like he wouldn't do it at a title challenging side... took him a few rollickings from pep to sort his head out.

Pickford is gonna be a but fragile and we will pick him up but he needs to learn and quick.

Although I am gutted it happened I am not overly concerned about the error. It was a complete freak incident. I think if it was only 10 mins into the game he would have ensured it went over the bar but because it was the last minute he was desperate not to concede the corner so tried to a bit clever but did not account for the wicked amount of spin on the ball. This is not a Karius level error. He has being playing very well for the last 10 games

I didn't claim he was getting "abused" mate. Just that people were being well OTT online and chatting wham that they'd never say in a face-to-face conversation with anyone because normal people don't act this way in those circumstances. The anonymity of the internet has provided a platform for a lot of keyboard warriors to behave in a certain way that i find absolutely pathetic.

Drop Pickford for who? Skekelenburg?! So you want us to go into a game with as big a disadvantage as possible and risk even more points because Pickford just cost us one? Pickford might be cocky at times and he was indeed responsible for losing us that game yesterday but he's also 1000% far better then anyone else we have in goal. I'll be furious if we drop him for a substandard keeper just to satisfy some of our online fanbase who are unable to look past one calamitous mistake.
Only for the Newcastle game, because they're fans are gonna give him the dogs abuse, which I'm not sure with what happened yesterday is the best for his confidence.

Am I the only one who thinks he tried stopping it going out so he could try hit them on the counter whilst VVD was in our box? I dont think he tried catching it to stop it going out more so to start a last minute attack.

Part of me blames the whole "attack and go for the win no matter what" mantra we have had all week from Silva. Obviously its what we want to see but I would hope Silva makes it clear to Jordan in those instances just let it go and take the point / keep things simple.

Am I the only one who thinks he tried stopping it going out so he could try hit them on the counter whilst VVD was in our box? I dont think he tried catching it to stop it going out more so to start a last minute attack.

Part of me blames the whole "attack and go for the win no matter what" mantra we have had all week from Silva. Obviously its what we want to see but I would hope Silva makes it clear to Jordan in those instances just let it go and take the point / keep things simple.

I reckon you might be alone in that though EB92.

What it comes down to is that davek is more interested in hating the rs and slagging our players off rather than actually "support" us...yes Pickford made an error......the great Neville Southall never did?? Get behind the lad ffs

What it comes down to is that davek is more interested in hating the rs and slagging our players off rather than actually "support" us...yes Pickford made an error......the great Neville Southall never did?? Get behind the lad ffs

I never question Dave's support. Love him or hate him he's a passionate fan, that much is clear.

I do question why he makes his mind up on players/managers/DOFs and then doesn't budge, though.

But, whatever floats his boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.