Match Thread Everton v Cardiff City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to understand how much we have changed in the few games under Silva though, there will be bumps in the road and good organised sides like cardiff are tests of how far we have come, we wouldn't have won that game last year, if we did it would have been from one chance created. we are slowly but very surely becoming a footballing side, but it's always hard to break down sides like yourselves, well organised and fight hard for each other. Honestly we are chalk and cheese from even 6 months ago, we do not think we are as good as the top 6 yet but our aim is to start catching them.

If I was an Everton fan I’d be thinking you could finish 6th this season? Man Utd don’t look anything special and the same with arsenal

If I was an Everton fan I’d be thinking you could finish 6th this season? Man Utd don’t look anything special and the same with arsenal

That obviously would be nice, i think most of us want to improve on last year, see which direction we are headed in and maybe a win against the top boys away would be a big statement as we are to be blunt, sh!te away at the top 6.

Its all about opinions mate...I thought you guys were industrial at best...not easy on the eye ..and having watched some poor Everton sides over the number of years..this year things are certainly going in the right direction...Previous Everton teams would have succumbed to clogger industrial football...this side no...even though we were not firing on all cylinders we were light years apart in approach and skillsets....I love going the game these days to watch us....going to watch your team.. that would be very hard work...all about opinion though innit ..good luck for the season...

Honestly mate I’m just glad to have my football club. Past 15 years our club have been in danger of getting liquidated. All Cardiff fans ask for is our team give 100% which they do despite their limitations. We haven’t got the money or players to play any different football at this moment in time. Another annoying factor is whenever our academy produces a promising player one of the top 6 steal them before they can develop

I have to say I thought you guys were the worst side we’ve played away yday except Huddersfield. However in the main we have played the top 6. I still think you need 3 more quality players to challenge that top 4. It was obvious to see yesterday that no team were on form though.

We were poor yesterday mate. Our problem is agaisnt sides who park the bus - Richarlison isnt a striker and is best out wide left but he has had to play up top as our centre forward options are garbage. Walcott also isnt good enough to be a regular starter for a team with top 6 aspirations either.

I would say we need to upgrade in 3 areas - CF, RW and RB.

Compare that to last season we honestly needed 2x CB's, 1x LB, 1x CM, 1x LM 1x CF

So you can see the big progression in just 6 months from last seasons disaster even if we didnt address the CF issue - Digne has been fantastic at LB and is back in the France national side, Mina has come in and it has been 2 clean sheets out of two, Zouma has done well on loan but is being kept out by Keane who has transformed from the player he was last season. Gomes has been a rolls royce in CM and the fans are desperate he signs on a permanent from Barca. Bernard has also been a decent signing and Richarlison a revelation.

Rome wasn't built in a day but providing the owner keeps pumping the money in I think we are 2-3 players aswell from being a genuinely quality side.

Compared to last season,we needed more forward thinking,less negative thinking as in hoping we dont get beat and hope for the odd win without attacking,and just a General upturn in mood,which we have this season as we are going into pretty much every game thinking we may win,or at least give the so called better teams a game now-and as been said lets hope we actually turn up next week for once,as we have done at chelsea etc this season

Cardiff left little room for play in their half, but offered very little in attack. So it required persistence and patience to achieve a win yesterday.

Liverpool lost Henderson yesterday, and play PSG away on Wednesday. Roll on Sunday!

Just rewatched the game. Gomes with an excellent first-half performance and my Motm. Keane with a great display at the back. Really liked the positivity by Lookman after he came on. Rather poor performance by Richarlison, altough he made some good runs. The pressing strategy led to forced errors and was very enjoyable to watch.

Up the toffees!

Honestly mate I’m just glad to have my football club. Past 15 years our club have been in danger of getting liquidated. All Cardiff fans ask for is our team give 100% which they do despite their limitations. We haven’t got the money or players to play any different football at this moment in time. Another annoying factor is whenever our academy produces a promising player one of the top 6 steal them before they can develop
Fair comment mate...only really immerse myself in all things Everton....no idea what has happened at your club...hope it turns around...as I said good luck for the rest of the season :cheers:

Thanks for the fair assessment of Cardiff, a lot of fans tend to just say we’re a terrible Warnock team heading down.

The reason I prefer the championship is the thrill of chasing promotion whereas in the premiership I think there’s a ceiling unless you are the top 6 club. For instance Bournemouth are having a great season yet they’ll never break into that top 6.

It’s a good forum this with genuine good football debates and a lot of fair posters
You are and you are.

For me that’s a stonewall penalty and shocking that MOTD didn’t show it

Never a pen mate, that's why the fella gets up and doesn't say a word. Goes to ground far too easily looking for it.

If I thought it was a pen I'd honestly say as well.

I probably wouldn't have put that Patterson crap shot on the highlights reel either lol ;)

Never a pen mate, that's why the fella gets up and doesn't say a word. Goes to ground far too easily looking for it.

If I thought it was a pen I'd honestly say as well.

I probably wouldn't have put that Patterson crap shot on the highlights reel either lol;)

Easily a pen for me.

Can definitely see why Paterson was a RB:D

For me that’s a stonewall penalty and shocking that MOTD didn’t show it

...for me, the 2nd view of that penalty is the most revealing as it’s also the same line of sight the referee had. Contact looked minimal and the players reaction said everything. I do accept that it looked a penalty from other angles, BBC obviously took the view it wasn’t a penalty and I don’t think Warnock mentioned it after the game.

We’ll never know what VAR might have made of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.