Steven Naismith

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first season here was chocca with some of the worst individual performances ever seen in an Everton shirt. He eclipsed even Claus Thomsen in terms of sheer ineptitiude.

Martinez found a place for him as a false nine and he did quite well doing that on occasion.

An appalling waste of a free transfer wage overall though.

I can, however, now reveal something that no one knew: he kept this very private while he was here but I have it on good authority he gave a lot to charidee.

A lot better than people give him credit for. Some of those goals are very good.

What is more infuriating is seeing some of that class build up play between Stones Barkley Lukaku Baines Barry Mirallas Pienaar and remembering we came bottom half twice in a row...
Because the beauts at the back wouldn't do the job they were paid to do.

His first season here was chocca with some of the worst individual performances ever seen in an Everton shirt. He eclipsed even Claus Thomsen in terms of sheer ineptitiude.

Martinez found a place for him as a false nine and he did quite well doing that on occasion.

An appalling waste of a free transfer wage overall though.

I can, however, now reveal something that no one knew: he kept this very private while he was here but I have it on good authority he gave a lot to charidee.

He played as a false 9 about twice Dave. He was mainly stuck behind Lukaku getting in his way and firing through balls at his neck or shunted onto the left wing controlling loads of passes out for a throw in.

He played as a false 9 about twice Dave. He was mainly stuck behind Lukaku getting in his way and firing through balls at his neck or shunted onto the left wing controlling loads of passes out for a throw in.
I was trying to be nice.

giphy.gif

Inside the box, he was surprisingly decent. Outside of the box, he was one of the worst footballers you will see. He killed any momentum with his lack of ability on the ball.

He is one of those players that would be solid from the bench- never ever a starter. Very charitable guy though (wouldn’t stop talking about it, but good on him regardless).

Always said this. I think he was a very decent finisher, he just couldn’t control the ball, pass it or run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.