2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sooner that than Tosun or Niasse...

Ideally, he'd be on the left and we'd have a decent striker upfront but until we do, we need that outlet.

Hes just not a striker for me, but its hard to argue that Tosun or Niasse are better.

Niasse is just a comedy striker and Tosun looks like somebody happy to have got the dough and enjoying semi retirement.

Hes just not a striker for me, but its hard to argue that Tosun or Niasse are better.

Niasse is just a comedy striker and Tosun looks like somebody happy to have got the dough and enjoying semi retirement.

Should always put players in natural position for their own self confidence and the balance of the side, but think this is a rare instance where for the benefit of the team, I'd stick with him upfront for the time being.

He gives a threat just from his intensity and that self belief goes through the team.

We look stale with Tosun upfront by comparison and Niasse doesn't know what he's doing most of the time so his teammates wont.

And...we have Marco Silva.

Not to mention Bernard and probably more Brazilians on the way
You look at all the players we bought in the summer and I think they've given the whole place a new lease of life. Those behind the scenes videos the club has started showing are brilliant and the new guys always seem to be having a ball. There seem to be some real characters there, including Richarlison, and their interaction with the fans is also great to see. I really think if we can match the players ambitions on the pitch we can hold onto these players in the long term. However it's always going to be hard if somebody like Barca or Madrid come knocking.

Biggest surprise in that video is how well he seems to link up with tosun.
I actually don't think that's a surprise to me.

I mentioned a few times earlier in the season than Tosun was performing much better before Richarlison got himself sent off and missed a couple games. Tosun wasn't getting many grumbles for his performances until we lost Richy on the left.

You look at all the players we bought in the summer and I think they've given the whole place a new lease of life. Those behind the scenes videos the club has started showing are brilliant and the new guys always seem to be having a ball. There seem to be some real characters there, including Richarlison, and their interaction with the fans is also great to see. I really think if we can match the players ambitions on the pitch we can hold onto these players in the long term. However it's always going to be hard if somebody like Barca or Madrid come knocking.
Even United Arsenal Spurs Bayern etc find it hard to hold onto their players when Barca and Real come calling

His value has more than doubled now, with the fees these days.....what would it take for us to sell??

This may seem very naive but i dont think there is a number we can put on him.

Ive always said that if we can sell 1 player for huge money and then replace with 3 others who we feel could reach the same level then thats a good deal to build a squad.

However, we dont really need to work that way anymore and are building something special as seen by the summer signings.

What price Brazils number 9 and potential world class player?

I think its the case now that we need to QUICKLY build a champions league qualifying team to ensure he stays.

Its hard for us to attract the top players without champions league...lets say we sold him for £200mil. Whats the point?

I cant help but feel some of us are getting a bit carried away here. Is he good? Yes, very, has replaced Rom upfront (as that is where he is being played) no, he hasn't. IMO we need a decent slotter and him back on the left to really get the best of him. He can play upfront for the last half hour of games and see how he fares/fairs.

People talking like he's aguero

There, said it

Aguero was hitting a goal every 2 games at the same age...Richarlison is on a similar trajectory.

Both very different players but no reason to doubt Richarlison cant be a world star. Look how Neymar is sticking his neck out praising him.

I'd sooner that than Tosun or Niasse...

Ideally, he'd be on the left and we'd have a decent striker upfront but until we do, we need that outlet.

Should always put players in natural position for their own self confidence and the balance of the side, but think this is a rare instance where for the benefit of the team, I'd stick with him upfront for the time being.

He gives a threat just from his intensity and that self belief goes through the team.

We look stale with Tosun upfront by comparison and Niasse doesn't know what he's doing most of the time so his teammates wont.

He played as a striker for brazil youth national sides...i think we should keep him there till Jan and see how hes doing.

We know hes class on the left but lets give him some time up front to adapt?

Digne, Mina, Bernard, Richarlison...

4 super permanent signings.

I hope we add 2 more in Jan + 4 more in Summer.

Whole new outfield (of course some will be rotated in/out).

If we achieve the same quality then we push for champions league and keep the stars.

Biggest surprise in that video is how well he seems to link up with tosun.

I think he links well with everyone...top player.

Aguero was hitting a goal every 2 games at the same age...Richarlison is on a similar trajectory.

Both very different players but no reason to doubt Richarlison cant be a world star. Look how Neymar is sticking his neck out praising him.

Maaate, leave it out. @Zatara he is a one in 3 player and 1 in 8 at watford. He is in a purpel patch here, hardly a "trajectory"

He's only been here 5 minutes guys. Talk of him leaving is silly. He is a good player & playing well & has huge potential but he is not in that elite level of future prospects, not yet anyway.
Mbappe for example has played more big games than most young players could ever dream of playing.
We have to be showing progress for the next 2 seasons as a club & qualify or win something with Richy at the heart of it before we can proclaim & worry about him.
Its a problem I'm happy to welcome.

Doesn't make sense to me that mate.. How can we pay over the odds for something in July who's value is skyrocketing 4 months later.? Surely that means we got a bargain.
That’s why I put “at the time” in brackets.

Clearly we paid over the odds for what he was worth at that point ode to the issues with Watford.

It was a gamble, but thankfully it seems to be paying off.

Status
Not open for further replies.