2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't we wait till the end of the season before making a decision to sign him.
john-cleese-no.gif

At barca and he admits it. Play some dreadful matches and get criticized heavily then out of the team. But he learns from it. :)
That's not "easy". Barca are one of the top clubs in world football and the club did NOTHING to help him out. Nor the fans. They expected A and they got B but completely vilified him.

If he gets support, he'll flourish.

I admit I’d never seen him play before so at the start of the season seeing Schneidelin and Davies playing next to Gana and not really complementing Gana skills in this system he is pretty much exactly the player I wanted him to be. Tall, composed, 2 footed and forward passing.
Sign him up thanks

i think it evident that he enjoys playing for everton and just generally enjoying playing football again, He moved from Valencia were he was loved then sat on the bench for barca for two years after a 27m move.
I think barca would let him got for about 25m depending how many other clubs would come in for him, the best we can hope for is that he has a great season, keeps enjoying playing for everton enjoying the fans and enjoying the team. Marco is from the same country as him and will hopefully convince him to stay at the end of the window.

id be looking to secure it in january most definitely, have Barca got any other fitties who can play football well they dont want?

That's not "easy". Barca are one of the top clubs in world football and the club did NOTHING to help him out. Nor the fans. They expected A and they got B but completely vilified him.

If he gets support, he'll flourish.

I dunno bout the club doing nothing. The manager played him often when clearly the fans were dumbfounded as to why he was getting any minutes. He was pretty awful and he confidence was shot. I felt bad every home game for him when he started or came on, it was clear from the stands that he was thought of as a bit of a joke.

The fans definitely did nothing to help.

Been delighted for him since he came in. Seems a lovely guy and is showing his quality now. Just manage to see highlights of the game now and the way he takes the ball with his back to goal more or less in the lead up to Colemans goal...and then sweeps it immediately across to Digne is just great. Technical quality of that level in an Everton shirt is unfortunately all to rare an occurrence but seems we have a fair bit of it now and he could even be the standout despite the few mins he has had so far.

I dunno bout the club doing nothing. The manager played him often when clearly the fans were dumbfounded as to why he was getting any minutes. He was pretty awful and he confidence was shot. I felt bad every home game for him when he started or came on, it was clear from the stands that he was thought of as a bit of a joke.

The fans definitely did nothing to help.

Been delighted for him since he came in. Seems a lovely guy and is showing his quality now. Just manage to see highlights of the game now and the way he takes the ball with his back to goal more or less in the lead up to Colemans goal...and then sweeps it immediately across to Digne is just great. Technical quality of that level in an Everton shirt is unfortunately all to rare an occurrence but seems we have a fair bit of it now and he could even be the standout despite the few mins he has had so far.

Please help facilitate a move in January, BH.

Statistically speaking he has done nothing special, but he is the perfect fit for this side. His balance is unrivaled in the starting eleven and his passing range is exactly what we need. It’s a shame he wasn’t credited with the assist for Coleman as his pressure created that chance. We were really missing Barkley’s presence as the ball carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.