2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 in 9
Is still a vey VERY A ACCEPTABLE RETURN in the PL
which as you know is the point I was making
To say DCL is not goid enough for EPL basecon last years stats is th utter nonsense some of the posters here cling to in irfer to Diss a great young player eho serns to be getting into his stride
What did you say?o_O

Question for his critics...what is he lacking that won't improve with age and experience? To me he's got everything in his locker. Finishing is better and will continue to get better with time (IMO). Tall, pacy, intelligent, and isn't awed by the stage.

I think in 3 years this lad will considered a top, top player and has an outside chance at being the #1 or #2 striker for England. Other than Kane, there's really no one that fits the same profile he does. Rashford may or may not be a striker. And as long as he's at United, he never will get that chance. Who else has the resume and ceiling that DCL has? He may not get there, but I see no reason yet why he won't continue to get better each year.

Question for his critics...what is he lacking that won't improve with age and experience? To me he's got everything in his locker. Finishing is better and will continue to get better with time (IMO). Tall, pacy, intelligent, and isn't awed by the stage.

I think in 3 years this lad will considered a top, top player and has an outside chance at being the #1 or #2 striker for England. Other than Kane, there's really no one that fits the same profile he does. Rashford may or may not be a striker. And as long as he's at United, he never will get that chance. Who else has the resume and ceiling that DCL has? He may not get there, but I see no reason yet why he won't continue to get better each year.

I like DCL but some big shouts there !!

Finishing is an instinctive thing to a large extent. Yes you can practice your technique on how to strike a ball cleaner but the best forwards have that knack of being right place right time.

I like the boy but I'm not sure he's ever going to be a 20 goal striker.

Finishing is an instinctive thing to a large extent. Yes you can practice your technique on how to strike a ball cleaner but the best forwards have that knack of being right place right time.

He'll get more than 20 in his Everton career.

Just for some context, we've only had a player manage 20 plus goals in a season 6 times in the last 30 years, and 2 of those times were the same player (Lukaku).

Mainly just his finishing mate, when through on goal he just looks so unnatural, nor have I seen anything to suggest he can take a player on and/or create a shooting opportunity for himself.

That said I am a DCL fan, his touch, pace, aerial ability, strength and link up play are all first class imo. He could be a very good player for us.

However the things I highlighted above tend to be more natural and instinctive so I’m not sure it’s a given that they’ll definitely get better. I sincerely hope they though, despite his many great qualities, the ones he currently lacks or appears to lack are what separates your Kane’s from your Welbeck’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.