2018/19 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think Richarlinson will be the player we can stick alongside some on that list though, if he continues to improve.
I’d like to think so, he certainly has the physicality to play up top. However although early days, he looks better suited to playing on the left, although he has age on his side to develop his game to play more centrally ala Henry.

Mate he’s currently back up to a LM that is playing ST and a striker that isn’t good enough for where we should be aiming to be. We need two strikers , both better than what we have, when and if we sign them, DCL becomes as redundant as I would be if I was on the books. Can you imagine him getting any game time at all at Spurs? Man U? Arsenal ? RS? Chelsea? He wouldn’t get a sniff and when we sign a striker he shouldn’t get a sniff here . He belongs at a club like Bournemouth , Watford etc
Ok mate. Say we buy 2 strikers. I think I recall seeing a post of yours saying Dzeko and Werner. Even suggesting Tosun could be 3rd choice.

You need to get real Tel. Neither of those will be content with not playing. In fact they will both demand to play. Plus Tosun wouldn't want to play second fiddle never mind third as he needs to be playing to stay in the national side. same with Werner.. We are not going to start many, if any games with 2 up top. Whichever isn't playing will be unhappy and will reflect on the dressing room atmosphere.

Even top clubs struggle with this balance. Morata wasn't happy on the bench at Madrid, no way he'll be content at Chelsea. Giroud went to Chelsea because he wasn't starting games. Batshuayi is now in his second loan in as many seasons because he doesn't want to sit on the bench Arsenal are struggling to keep the two they have happy. He played 2 up top for a couple of games but that isn't sustainable in the premier league. How long before Jesus gets fed up being understudy to Aguero. You wouldn't even want Spurs back ups to Kane as Calvert Lewin is better than both Janssen and Llorente. If Sturridge ever gets fit again you just know he'll not be content with a place on the bench. Neither was Origi who's had 2 loans and will probably be loaned out again in January. That leaves United who have Rashford as a back up to Lukaku. Rashford, at the moment, is probably okay with that as he understands he is still developing.

If those clubs can't keep 2 top strikers happy, what in earth makes you think we can.

I don't think Tosun is good enough for us to break into top 6 and I would be happy to replace him if we are able to get somebody better in the summer. I disagree as regards Richarlison in that I'm convinced he can be a very effective front man away from home where he has more room to run into. Also free's up games for Bernard to play in his favourite position. I don't see the point in replacing Calvert Lewin as back up striker for the reasons mentioned above. In fact I think he's the ideal player to have as back up whilst he's still learning the game.

Ok mate. Say we buy 2 strikers. I think I recall seeing a post of yours saying Dzeko and Werner. Even suggesting Tosun could be 3rd choice.

You need to get real Tel. Neither of those will be content with not playing. In fact they will both demand to play. Plus Tosun wouldn't want to play second fiddle never mind third as he needs to be playing to stay in the national side. same with Werner.. We are not going to start many, if any games with 2 up top. Whichever isn't playing will be unhappy and will reflect on the dressing room atmosphere.

Even top clubs struggle with this balance. Morata wasn't happy on the bench at Madrid, no way he'll be content at Chelsea. Giroud went to Chelsea because he wasn't starting games. Batshuayi is now in his second loan in as many seasons because he doesn't want to sit on the bench Arsenal are struggling to keep the two they have happy. He played 2 up top for a couple of games but that isn't sustainable in the premier league. How long before Jesus gets fed up being understudy to Aguero. You wouldn't even want Spurs back ups to Kane as Calvert Lewin is better than both Janssen and Llorente. If Sturridge ever gets fit again you just know he'll not be content with a place on the bench. Neither was Origi who's had 2 loans and will probably be loaned out again in January. That leaves United who have Rashford as a back up to Lukaku. Rashford, at the moment, is probably okay with that as he understands he is still developing.

If those clubs can't keep 2 top strikers happy, what in earth makes you think we can.

I don't think Tosun is good enough for us to break into top 6 and I would be happy to replace him if we are able to get somebody better in the summer. I disagree as regards Richarlison in that I'm convinced he can be a very effective front man away from home where he has more room to run into. Also free's up games for Bernard to play in his favourite position. I don't see the point in replacing Calvert Lewin as back up striker for the reasons mentioned above. In fact I think he's the ideal player to have as back up whilst he's still learning the game.
Great post mate we should shoot for the stars with a striker then have Calvert Lewis as backup in a perfect world we would add a ageing striker who wants a pay day but has real class.

I long for a davor sucker or alen boskic type even Saha.

I mentioned a Werner type as in not a target man like dzeko. Dzeko is 32 and will not be playing every game, point I’m making is we need a target man that can actually finish and another striker that is a different option that also scores goals.

I mentioned a Werner type as in not a target man like dzeko. Dzeko is 32 and will not be playing every game, point I’m making is we need a target man that can actually finish and another striker that is a different option that also scores goals.
I agree with the target man that can also finish, and I also think Richarlison and, hopefully, Lozano, can both bring that different option that we need.

I'II bet Dzeko, despite being 32, will still want to play every game though

I agree with the target man that can also finish, and I also think Richarlison and, hopefully, Lozano, can both bring that different option that we need.

I'II bet Dzeko, despite being 32, will still want to play every game though

I was getting at the fact he’s 32 he probably wouldn’t be playing every game due to fitness because of jobs age . I know it’s only two games but richy looks wasted up there, he’s doing ok in terms of work rate , effort and has got a goal, but, he doesn’t pass the ball, receives it with his back to goal and tries turning and dribbling and doing everything himself . He’s much more effective receiving the ball facing goal with space in front of him, 1 on 1 with his marker .

Status
Not open for further replies.