New Everton Stadium Discussion

They're thinking about whether they can set up classrooms, whether there should be science, technology engineering and maths programming and education programming. They might be thinking about sticking a health centre in the middle of it, or something around homelessness

Pie in the sky.

They're thinking about whether they can set up classrooms, whether there should be science, technology engineering and maths programming and education programming. They might be thinking about sticking a health centre in the middle of it, or something around homelessness

Pie in the sky.
Maybe but there has obviously been discussions around it for him to mention it
I never said it would’ve happen just I’d have no problem or issues with it
Things like this give the council and planners a good impression of the owners and it may make them look more favourably on any other plans they put in for the docks
Friends in high places etc
Same with the council loan and the 7 m a year facilitator fee

Maybe but there has obviously been discussions around it for him to mention it
I never said it would’ve happen just I’d have no problem or issues with it
Things like this give the council and planners a good impression of the owners and it may make them look more favourably on any other plans they put in for the docks
Friends in high places etc
Same with the council loan and the 7 m a year facilitator fee

They've said they will ensure the stadium facilities will be used outside of match days. Claiming it will house the homeless is wrong and quite odd.

It creates ghettoes. Perth, like any other city in the world, has suburbs of affluence and suburbs of poverty. However the difference here is that the 2 most affluent suburbs in the city with an average house price in the millions, also have state owned housing for those living in poverty. Most of the poorer suburbs also have pockets of wealth. The millionaires would no doubt prefer not to have "those types" in their beautiful suburbs, but by having them throughout different suburbs rather than concentrated into a few small parts of the city, we don't have any no-go areas
This is true.
For instance here in Brisbane the CEO of a $200M traffic control company lives just round the corner from one of the guys with a ute and a stop/go pole

They've said they will ensure the stadium facilities will be used outside of match days. Claiming it will house the homeless is wrong and quite odd.
No one said ithe stadium would home the homeless , don’t know where you got that from
I said if they wanted to build homeless accommodation or facilities as part of the complex I wouldn’t have a problem

No one said ithe stadium would home the homeless , don’t know where you got that from
I said if they wanted to build homeless accommodation or facilities as part of the complex I wouldn’t have a problem
Maybe they could use some or all of the site of Goodison Park as homeless accommodation or facilities- when we do eventually vacate.

Did you read the link? California has a major public health problem due to homeless people shitting on their streets!

I don't believe that Liverpool has such a problem, but it does have a problem with discarded needles and anti-social behaviour from a small cohort of homeless people that refuse to make use of the help that is on offer to them.

To suggest that they don't cause significant problems is just naive.

Headline of that artcile:
Why is San Francisco ... covered in human feces?

Mentions of San Diego: 0

Read the article and the quotes of the Metro mayor
He’s the one that said it and mentioned the homeless and planning applications , so he either pulled the information out of his backside or the club told him
You decide

Pie in the sky.

While I wouldn't call it "pie in the sky" I certainly read it more as the Mayor suggesting that these things were/should be included in the overall scheme.

I dont think anyine would have a problem with affordable or council housing initiatives within the regeneration, and that type of thing really would look good in a planning application. But having shelters and needle exchanges for the street homeless are a different kettle of fish, and there's just no sane reason to move such services from the city centre and into the BMD regeneration area.
oh, we have those in the more affluent suburbs too

Can anyone with any knowledge of how these types of projects work shed any light on how the process with BMD stadium go?

Do we need ti get funding all in place before planning permission is applied for?

And if so would you imagine there being any confirmation of funding in place / planning permission being applied for in dribs and drabs or will it likely be a case of waking up one day to find out the papers are reporting funding/ planning is sorted?

What's in a name?

on this occasion - no ham

1539866542049.jpeg

By "wider picture", I assume you meant to type "the most negative slant that can possiby be put on it"

Betfair, Paddy Power, Coral and Ladbrokes all have a No Deal Brexit at evens.

The French and German Governments are engaged in No Deal preparations
(https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...could-need-visa-to-visit-after-no-deal-brexit)

as have the UK Government
(https://www.gov.uk/government/colle...s-the-eu-with-no-deal#importing-and-exporting)

I would be very surprised if the Everton Board were not considering it too, and waiting to see what happens.

If I was being negative I would have added the strong possibility of a recession in the UK following Brexit, and the concerns of the Bank of England about conditions in the world's financial markets becoming similar to those which led to the 2008 financial crisis. That's the negative slant.
(https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/oct/17/bank-of-england-high-risk-lending-leveraged-loans)