2018/19 Beni Baningime

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think i've proven on more than one occasion that, even if i'm talking waffle, it's based on what I genuinely see / interpret with my eyes rather than lazy judgement.
What's interesting is that you've not actually addressed the point Phil and proven that I am indeed waffling in this instance.
Based on the fact Beni has played a handful of games under two managers who couldn't create an attack between them, I doubt you'll find much evidence of Baningime to help you. The point remains though that he keeps it very neat and tidy when in possession. The easiest ball is sideways and backwards.
See Phil, let's debate.

Tbh, I actually tried to look up some stats to see if you had a point, but couldn't find anything, and don't have time to do an in depth search as I'm supposed to be working! Interesting that you bring up the managers he has played under, as surely that would be an argument in his defense?

Besides, if you have indeed "proven on more than one occasion that, even if i'm talking waffle, it's based on what I genuinely see / interpret with my eyes rather than lazy judgement", perhaps you shouldn't resort to using such lazy cliches! :eek::p

Tbh, I actually tried to look up some stats to see if you had a point, but couldn't find anything, and don't have time to do an in depth search as I'm supposed to be working! Interesting that you bring up the managers he has played under, as surely that would be an argument in his defense?

Besides, if you have indeed "proven on more than one occasion that, even if i'm talking waffle, it's based on what I genuinely see / interpret with my eyes rather than lazy judgement", perhaps you shouldn't resort to using such lazy cliches! :eek::p

Ok mate- I'm the one using lazy cliches yet you're the one who has no basis (currently) for thinking I'm talking waffle, even after having a look.

I look forward to your in depth work :cheers:

Tch, you sponsor a player’s thread , he gets injured now everybody wants to send him out on loan without him appearing in the first team this season , going to check the GOT Refunds small print! Have to agree though, a loan to a decent Championship club is what he needs
Personally I don't mind if he goes on loan or stays. Apart from a few cameos last season he has little experience in open age football. Having said that, he always looked very capable of handling himself and also very comfortable at this level. I think a 6 month loan to a decent championship side will do him the world of good.

Having said that, I have no problem either if he stays as back up to Gana. He has to be first choice though which will probably mean Schneiderlin going in January. He'll get plenty of minutes from the bench as we always need fresh legs in the engine room, and the odd start when Gana is injured or rested.

Out of all our young players (Richarlison excluded) Beni is the one I have highest hopes for. If anything, he is a bit too comfortable on the ball and was caught in possession a bit too often. But that will sort itself out as he get's used to the pace of the Premiership.

Apart from one tackle vs Chelsea I am yet to see anything which suggests he'll make it here.

I get he's a lad from the Academy but all he does is pass side ways. A trait loads of you hate about Morgan Schneiderlin.
Have you ever watched him mate? Apart from the odd minutes he played under Allardyce, when there is no point in passing it forward when all the other players are behind the ball.

As a 17/18 yo playing in the U23s he used to control the midfield. He is so comfortable on the ball and plays with his head up so can see a pass early. he is also capable of picking a forward pass and used to link up well with Evans in particular before the latter had his injury problems. He's also very effective winning the ball back.

And from what I saw of him under Unsy last year as a 19 yo, he was our best central midfielder in probably all of the games he played. We were a mess at that time, but he was probably the best of a bad bunch.

I can't wait to see him in a Silva team with plenty of movement ahead of him. The lad is much more of a sideways passer.

Ok mate- I'm the one using lazy cliches yet you're the one who has no basis (currently) for thinking I'm talking waffle, even after having a look.

When did I say you were talking waffle? You brought that up. I simply suggested that you were using lazy cliches, which is true.

Also, as you're the one who 'accused' him of only passing sideways, the burden of proof lies with you. I mean, you wouldn't want people to think you were just chatting balls without any evidence to back it up do you... ;)

Have you ever watched him mate? Apart from the odd minutes he played under Allardyce, when there is no point in passing it forward when all the other players are behind the ball.

As a 17/18 yo playing in the U23s he used to control the midfield. He is so comfortable on the ball and plays with his head up so can see a pass early. he is also capable of picking a forward pass and used to link up well with Evans in particular before the latter had his injury problems. He's also very effective winning the ball back.

And from what I saw of him under Unsy last year as a 19 yo, he was our best central midfielder in probably all of the games he played. We were a mess at that time, but he was probably the best of a bad bunch.

I can't wait to see him in a Silva team with plenty of movement ahead of him. The lad is much more of a sideways passer.[/QUOTE]
Much more than a sideways passer I should say:blush:

Apart from one tackle vs Chelsea I am yet to see anything which suggests he'll make it here.

I get he's a lad from the Academy but all he does is pass side ways. A trait loads of you hate about Morgan Schneiderlin.
Usually agree with you on stuff mate.. but I can't here.

He's got something about him, an engine and a presence, like a younger Gana. Think for 19/20 years old in an important position on the pitch he's looking good personally.

I can't wait to see him in a Silva team with plenty of movement ahead of him. The lad is much more of a sideways passer.
Fully admit all I've seen of him is in the first team mate.
I'll take your word on the rest, genuinely.

Status
Not open for further replies.