2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
His first touch and dribbling are obviously great but he has that vision to spot a tricky pass and the ability to pull it off . Think there is still a little bit of rustiness there and think he'll he be performing even better in a couple weeks but Brands has played an absolute blinder getting him in on a free.

This fella could have walked into any of the top teams and would not look out of place. Absolutely fantastic player and is already looking like one of our best signings in years especially considering he was on a free. Long time since i have seen an Everton team looking as skilful, sexy and lethal in attack as we are now. Happy days.
Not quite sure about lethal tbh
Many wasteful opportunities in that final 3rd

His first touch and dribbling are obviously great but he has that vision to spot a tricky pass and the ability to pull it off . Think there is still a little bit of rustiness there and think he'll he be performing even better in a couple weeks but Brands has played an absolute blinder getting him in on a free.

Yeah the little chip ball to Walcott when nothing really seemed on was spot on. Inch perfect and he did the same to lookman v Soton.

Aye, really good performance.

Worth noting that he was partially at fault for the goal, however.

It was actually a decent touch into Gueye, but they weren't on the same wavelength.

That's the only problem I foresee - players not quite getting just how quick he is and not reacting to that. It'll come with time.

Him and Gylfi linked up really well.

Aye, really good performance.

Worth noting that he was partially at fault for the goal, however.

It was actually a decent touch into Gueye, but they weren't on the same wavelength.

That's the only problem I foresee - players not quite getting just how quick he is and not reacting to that. It'll come with time.

Him and Gylfi linked up really well.

It wasn't the touch that I had an issue with, it was how he defended after possession was lost. Instead of just tracking Perreira, he sold himself into closing him down - they played a quick 1-2 and were away and that's how they got to the edge of our box where Kenny didn't cover himself in glory.

Bernard made the same error I saw my 7 year old make on Wednesday

He's a little magician, but that particular incident was laughable. Still, didn't matter and he's so delightful that I'm choosing to forget it ever happened

It wasn't the touch that I had an issue with, it was how he defended after possession was lost. Instead of just tracking Perreira, he sold himself into closing him down - they played a quick 1-2 and were away and that's how they got to the edge of our box where Kenny didn't cover himself in glory.

He's a little magician, but that particular incident was laughable. Still, didn't matter and he's so delightful that I'm choosing to forget it ever happened

So your saying your 7 year old reminds you of Bernard ? I’m jelous beyond words, get him signed up ;)

It was equally laughable Gana completely flapping when the ball came to him as well. A comedy of errors during the entire move.

Status
Not open for further replies.