Match Thread Everton v Fulham (Sat 29th 15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen nothing from the game, how were we? Signs of progress or a ground out 3 points?

Not at the races in the first half. Lucky to not be behind, they had 2 clear chances, one of which hit the crossbar.

Second half we were excellent going forward. Controlled most of the half. Missed a penalty, but got into a two goal lead quickly after and the game was over. Good from Siguurdson to make up for his terrible penalty. Third goal late on put a bit of a gloss on the scoreline.

3 nil flattered us a bit but we deserved to win based on the second half.

A 3-0 win in the Permier Leader is a good result. Tosun scoring is a positive. Clean sheet for us is extremely good. We rode our luck in the first half and really should have been behind.
Three points, three goals, clean sheet I would suggest any Premier League side would take take, we are far from the finished article but we are improving.

Wow, a lot of understandable relief here in this thread. This may have been a pivotal result as a clean sheet was a surprise. Looks like the race for 7th is back on!

Jeez the streaming was brutal during the game. Only got to see bit and pieces.
Any one know if there is a replay of full match.
A few things stood out for me.
Saw Walcott getting back and working better with Kenny in defence - assume this was a factor in not conceding this time around; and a factor in Keane and Zouma looking more in control
Team continuing rely on Gana defensively and when not involved look more vulnerable.
Tosun's goal - really meant a lot to players as a group. We may or may not like it but Tosun appears to be a central character in the teams mojo.
Penalty miss seems to have got Sig more focused and his goal the team more focused. Not really sure what Silva contributed to the win but good to see that smile and excitement back on his face - as with all of them
Really think Kenny is emerging as a top professional footballer before our eyes. 1 coming up through the youths and making it is good enough for me.

I truly hope and wish that this game is our turning point for this season.

Anyone remember that game when it was the turning pint for Howie back in the 80s?

As much as we would like to see the team rolling, it's still in the early stages since we had too many red cards to play in full strength. There are still new players who did not play a single game, Gomes, Mina, and Bernard still is easing in. No need for doom & gloom and no need for tears of joy either. Team is still building up, a little bit more patience.

As much as we would like to see the team rolling, it's still in the early stages since we had too many red cards to play in full strength. There are still new players who did not play a single game, Gomes, Mina, and Bernard still is easing in. No need for doom & gloom and no need for tears of joy either. Team is still building up, a little bit more patience.
I agree with this. The problem is football is expensive and as such many fans want instant glory, especially after spending unprecedented amounts of money. Problem is that it doesn't work like that though. The top clubs still out spend us dramatically and the finest players from youth to senior see these too clubs as favoured destinations. We pick up the scraps and every once in a while we get lucky. However your finest players will mostly always want to leave in the end so a well run club is one that manages this cycle correctly. I feel we are heading in that direction. As Brett Kavanaugh said, "I prefer to be standing on the sunny side of the mountain." Be patient. We have an intelligent manager. However don't expect champions league any time soon just cis we've got a few quid.

Reactions: ozz
To build a great team takes 3 years
But what I saw yesterday was infinitely better than anything in the last few years. There's plenty to improve on but I left Goodison smiling. That's a bloody good start.

Just watched the 20 min highlights.

We really were excellent in that second half.

Gyfli's workrate for that third goal is immense, and Gana was everywhere.

We weren't even 'that' bad in the first, on reflection. Just a few iffy moments but Fulham played some good stuff - the build up for the Sessegnon shot was excellent and if Liverpool had done that we'd never hear the end of it.

Just watched the 20 min highlights.

We really were excellent in that second half.

Gyfli's workrate for that third goal is immense, and Gana was everywhere.

We weren't even 'that' bad in the first, on reflection. Just a few iffy moments
but Fulham played some good stuff - the build up for the Sessegnon shot was excellent and if Liverpool had done that we'd never hear the end of it.

Read the second bolded bit, then go back and read the first bolded bit.

Read the second bolded bit, then go back and read the first bolded bit.

I watched the whole game as well.

Just, at the time, it's easy to forget things that happen - good or bad. We showed some decent flashes in the first half. Not enough, but we weren't terrible. We just weren't as good as we should have been.

The result was all important. Confidence will come with results but you can only go for so long with good performances and no points.

A draw away next weekend would be perfectly acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.