2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's not like is he, tosun was terrible Sunday but niasse wasn't much better when he come on and he missed an absolute sitter as well
I still say Niasse is a far better option than Tosun, at this point in time !!
Tosun is woeful at the moment, but Niasse is woeful fullstop. Really need a new striker soon.

he's not like is he, tosun was terrible Sunday but niasse wasn't much better when he come on and he missed an absolute sitter as well
niasse was always going to be a squad player tho, tosun was bought in with the intentions of being a prolific goal scorer. could of bagged a hat trick on sunday and people cant use the excuse "he had no service".

I can't see him offering anything to the team unless we put it on a plate for him in the box.

Top sides need strikers who can carry the ball with pace or be a strong target man like Giroud was on the weekend.

I think we'll look a different side when we start Richarlison upfront.

niasse was always going to be a squad player tho, tosun was bought in with the intentions of being a prolific goal scorer. could of bagged a hat trick on sunday and people cant use the excuse "he had no service".

i'll judge him when we have a full strength team and are playing well as a unit, no doubt he had a stinker on Sunday like but he did half decent last season with no service

tosun is worse than Bernie Wright , and Rod Belfitt - The Strak was better than him - Tosun back to goal useless in front of goal useless..... oh and slow no pace.........
if his Turkish team want him back dispatch in January......

As a genuine question to those saying he's not been getting the service, what sort of service do people think he needs?

To me, he doesn't look like he has the pace to be wanting balls over the top or through balls from deep, and he seemingly doesn't want crosses in the air because we've been quite at good at those this year with no sign of him scoring from one. He doesn't look like a real poacher, because he doesn't seem to make those near post runs or fling himself at things with a real desire to score like that type of player usually would, and he's shown no evidence of being an Henry/Suarez/dare I say Richarlison type, who picks the ball up wide and runs at people.

So what exactly do we need to do to provide this service he's lacking? Should we be pulling balls back to him with an open net so he can just sweep it in? Do we just need to play that one ball on repeat that he's scored from against Huddersfield and Valencia? Or is there something that people feel he isn't being given the chance to showcase?

Calvert Lewin this season mate. Both of them have zero.

And yes, I would start DCL over both of them.
Spot on, I agree with you 100%

DCL cost absolute peanuts compared to Niasse (was it £18m?) and Tosun (£24m?), and if they are better than DCL it's not by very much at all. Certainly not to any degree that even remotely justifies their respective fees.

The reality is that we would be better off at this point if we had DCL starting at CF and an extra £42m in the bank. We're going to have to offload at least one of Tosun and Niasse to facilitate the purchase of an actual striker anyway!

I can't see him offering anything to the team unless we put it on a plate for him in the box.

Top sides need strikers who can carry the ball with pace or be a strong target man like Giroud was on the weekend.

I think we'll look a different side when we start Richarlison upfront.

Well he offered plenty in the first few games. His work and link up play was quality and that helped the likes of Richarlison have the space.

He's been abysmal in the last two games.

As a genuine question to those saying he's not been getting the service, what sort of service do people think he needs?

To me, he doesn't look like he has the pace to be wanting balls over the top or through balls from deep, and he seemingly doesn't want crosses in the air because we've been quite at good at those this year with no sign of him scoring from one. He doesn't look like a real poacher, because he doesn't seem to make those near post runs or fling himself at things with a real desire to score like that type of player usually would, and he's shown no evidence of being an Henry/Suarez/dare I say Richarlison type, who picks the ball up wide and runs at people.

So what exactly do we need to do to provide this service he's lacking? Should we be pulling balls back to him with an open net so he can just sweep it in? Do we just need to play that one ball on repeat that he's scored from against Huddersfield and Valencia? Or is there something that people feel he isn't being given the chance to showcase?

My point, as we discussed yesterday and I know you agree with, was that before Sunday he hadn't been missing sitters. I think that was mainly due to him not really being in those positions often enough, but part of that is how I think Silva has asked him to play.

On Sunday he did get in those positions and he failed to convert.

He wants to score so badly that it is affecting his decision making and finishing.

Needs to relax and let it be. Maybe a stint on the bench against Arsenal and coming on later when Rico has bagged his hat trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.