Match Thread Everton v West Ham United (Sunday 16th Sept 4.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tosun should have scored at least one. His overall contribution dipped that half too.

I think we need to chill second half and keep working it.

With Carsley and Arteta we had Arteta the passer.

Even with Osman in CM, his ball distribution was alright, he could make basic forward passes.

With Mccarthy and Barry and though a DM by trade, Barry's ball distribution was excellent.

Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies' ball passing and possession retention isn't just horrendous, none of them offer you the goals from midfield.

With Carsley and Arteta we had Arteta the passer.

Even with Osman in CM, his ball distribution was alright, he could make basic forward passes.

With Mccarthy and Barry and though a DM by trade, Barry's ball distribution was excellent.

Gueye, Schneiderlin and Davies's ball passing and possession retention isn't just horrendous, none of them offer you the goals from midfield.

Why is Davies included with those two frauds?

Good call by the gaffer taking one of the deep CM's off. There was no dynamism in that area, and the two players were to stationary or only going sideways. We locked down the #10 area down, totally by ourselves not offering any runs to get the 10 open.

I have real questions now on Silva ...got the team selection wrong he should not have started Morgan...he should have took that out of his hands if he had a family situation even if the player wanted to play

Humiliating half of football when you consider our last outing was home against arguably the worst team in the league and we never looked like beating them and you'd think the players would have been sent out to prove a point today.

I see a huge issue in us having no quality backup to Pickford. His distribution is awful a lot of the time, and he has absolutely nobody pushing him to perform at his best as the only other option is the woeful Stekelenberg.

Again I despise us starting against a terrible side, at home, with two holding midfield players. It didn't work against Huddersfield, it didn't work here. It very rarely works because the players are simply not up to it.

Sigurdsson was anonymous and I was half expecting him to be taken off to be honest, but hopefully that goal perks him up as he's been crap so far this season. A great header after a brilliant cross and move from us.

Sorry but Tosun just isn't up to it. Too slow, too clumsy, too predictable.

And DCL simply isn't a Premier League footballer.

The only positive I can see is that, thank God, there were four players not in our starting xi today who will soon enough be waltzing into the side, namely Bernard, Richarlison, Mina, Gomes. And not forgetting Coleman if he can regain form once fit.

All in all though, pathetic performance and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.