• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we’d been guilty of tapping Silva up, he’d have been here sooner instead of Allardyce.

Innocent until proven guilty and that.

Exactly, why would they be looking at phone calls? They would be irrelevant because we didn't get him from Watford. They sacked him, it's honestly a load of bull, but we got properly screwed over about niasse diving when every other club got away with worse on a weekly basis.

I wish we would grow some balls and actually point out the utter hypocrisy that goes on within the game. We should have been highlighting every dive every week which was worse than niasse's and asking why nothing was being done.

We get treated like mugs because we allow it.

We can only speculate whats gone on - however any justification that 'others do it' doesn't make it right.

If we have tapped up Silva, then whatever consequences come our way are deserved, and Watford (like any club for that matter) are within their right to purse a complaint if they deem us to be in the wrong. Similiary, if we are guilty and 'made an example of' its our own fault - but it sets a precedent for all other clubs and the FA to follow.

If Watfords claims are false, we should sue for deformation of character and dragging the clubs name through the mud.

Simple as that really.

Very surprised that it's got this far. Watford are being like a persistently annoying neighbour with an axe to grind form spite and stubbornness and can't lose face by dropping it now.

This may be technically outside the rules, but its normal and established behaviour, to such degree that the opposite almost doesn't exist in the game today.

I doubt the Premier League are looking for a sacrificial lamb on the whole tapping up issue as that is ground they don't want to irritate their members on by trodding over. If a points deduction came from this then the whole issue is fair game for everyone, and ultimately that wouldn't suit the biggest and most powerful clubs.

We can only speculate whats gone on - however any justification that 'others do it' doesn't make it right.

If we have tapped up Silva, then whatever consequences come our way are deserved, and Watford (like any club for that matter) are within their right to purse a complaint if they deem us to be in the wrong. Similiary, if we are guilty and 'made an example of' its our own fault - but it sets a precedent for all other clubs and the FA to follow.

If Watfords claims are false, we should sue for deformation of character and dragging the clubs name through the mud.

Simple as that really.

Nah it's not that simple at all.

UK law is based on precedent. There is no precedent whatsoever for points deductions. And every team in the league taps up players and staff. You can take the moral high ground all you like, but that's the way the game is, and twas ever thus.

So no, I completely disagree. If we are found guilty it's clear prejudice and bias and doesn't stand up under law. You have to administer the law evenly.

UK law is based on precedent. There is no precedent whatsoever for points deductions. And every team in the league taps up players and staff. You can take the moral high ground all you like, but that's the way the game is, and twas ever thus.

So no, I completely disagree. If we are found guilty it's clear prejudice and bias and doesn't stand up under law. You have to administer the law evenly.

this, a little fine is bad enough but if it ever got to a points deduction that would be the most ridiculous thing ive ever seen

Correct me if i'm wrong the FA set the 'rules of the game' - so they can do as they please
The FA don't have laws for this exact reason - its a case by case basis

Exactly, why would they be looking at phone calls? They would be irrelevant because we didn't get him from Watford. They sacked him, it's honestly a load of bull, but we got properly screwed over about niasse diving when every other club got away with worse on a weekly basis.

I wish we would grow some balls and actually point out the utter hypocrisy that goes on within the game. We should have been highlighting every dive every week which was worse than niasse's and asking why nothing was being done.

We get treated like mugs because we allow it.

Spot on, the clubs full of cowards if it was the RS you know the club or ex players would be pointing out the other examples in the media.

I've had a quick look at the fa rule book/guidelines there is a whole load about tapping up players but I can't find anything about approaching a manager or any other non playing staff maybe our lawyers realised this and are happy to let Watford drag this on and on only to totally Humiliate Watfords owners on a later date.

Will the football authorities pass up such a tantalising opportunity to give Everton a good kicking?

Let's face it, this whole "setting a precedent" thing doesn't exist. If it did then there would have been plenty of more bans following Niasse

But there weren't, because the rules don't apply to everyone the same

They could easily take some points off us and then never do it again to someone else. It's not like we'd do anything about it if they did

Moshiri handled the situation in a clueless fashion. The pursuit was ridiculous at the time.

Not really Dave.
It was obvious Silva wanted to join Everton.
Everyone at the time thought Watford were playing hard ball to get the maximum amount of compensation possible.

Why would Everton not pursue him.

Status
Not open for further replies.