2018/19 Morgan Schneiderlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the absolute bare minimum to an average standard after a season of downing tools and it’s enough to get him back in some people’s good books. He’s a fraud of a player who we should have shipped out the door at the first possible opportunity. People tear strips off Tom Davies but give this clown the benefit of the doubt. A horrific midfielder who is a disgrace to the royal blue jersey.

It's interesting that of all the 'bad eggs', they have either been forced out on loan, or not been given barely any playing time by 2+ managers now. Yet since the incident with Schneiderlin last season where he showed an unprofessional attitude, there are now 2 managers who see him every day in training that have decided to stick by him. Why do you think that is? Might it be because he has shown he is willing to put that poor attitude behind him and the managers recognise it?

Because that has not happened with: Mirallas, Vlasic, Williams (post Burnley sending off) and Lookman.

The claims that he still isn't interested are wide of the mark and hes been one of the better players at the start of this season. You mention how he knocks it sideways or backwards, but that is a standard requirement of a defensive midfielder. Time and time again on Saturday he chose the sensible and best option with his passing. He isn't in the side for through balls or goals as he is a DM. And he did it very well on Saturday.
I don't think Vlasic was a "bad egg" agree with the rest though.

It's interesting that of all the 'bad eggs', they have either been forced out on loan, or not been given barely any playing time by 2+ managers now. Yet since the incident with Schneiderlin last season where he showed an unprofessional attitude, there are now 2 managers who see him every day in training that have decided to stick by him. Why do you think that is? Might it be because he has shown he is willing to put that poor attitude behind him and the managers recognise it?

Because that has not happened with: Mirallas, Vlasic, Williams (post Burnley sending off) and Lookman.

The claims that he still isn't interested are wide of the mark and hes been one of the better players at the start of this season. You mention how he knocks it sideways or backwards, but that is a standard requirement of a defensive midfielder. Time and time again on Saturday he chose the sensible and best option with his passing. He isn't in the side for through balls or goals as he is a DM. And he did it very well on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

If you've got 2 DMs and their not providing through balls then your at nothing.

He was neat and tidy in the first half but I thought anonymous in the second. What frustrates me is that he rarely ever wins the crucial tackle and is easily brushed aside.

I’m not sure I have ever seen an incisive pass threaded through to our forwards. He is conservative at best with his distribution.

I think he’s improved immensely this year. But that’s not necessarily a positive, it’s more a he couldn’t be worse.

He’s not at the standard he first was at, but he’s getting there.

The thing which really annoys me is the insistence to play two DMs consistently. We’ve done it since the Moyes days, and let’s face it, did we need two against Huddersfield? No. Did we help.

Sometimes we need more attacking treats and we don’t need it.

Gana and Schneiderlin against bigger teams who will attack us morw, but you’re just wasting bodies against the likes of Huddersfield, Cardiff cause you don’t need that cover.

Schneiderlin had four very good months when he first arrived here, but has really stunk the place out ever since. I was optimistic when he first arrived that we were seeing the Southampton version of this guy re-emerging but it simply hasn't happened. And he certainly has the ability: 2013 end of season stats

His apparent total disinterest has cost him his place in the french squad and that doesn't seem to matter to him either. If McCarthy wasn't such an incredible sick note I think we would have seen Schneiderlin sold on by now.

Schneiderlin had four very good months when he first arrived here, but has really stunk the place out ever since. I was optimistic when he first arrived that we were seeing the Southampton version of this guy re-emerging but it simply hasn't happened. And he certainly has the ability: 2013 end of season stats

His apparent total disinterest has cost him his place in the french squad and that doesn't seem to matter to him either. If McCarthy wasn't such an incredible sick note I think we would have seen Schneiderlin sold on by now.
Wow, how did you find that out? You must know him or someone close to him to make that assessment?

Wow, how did you find that out? You must know him or someone close to him to make that assessment?
That sentence clearly contains opinions based on observation. The key clues are the use of the word "apparent" and "seem". Why would I need to know the player personally or someone close to them in order to form an opinion based on observation? I'm not stating my opinion to be 100% factually accurate, I'm presenting it as an opinion.

Hope that's cleared up some of the more confusing aspects of the English language for you.

He will look better once the wingers are fit, but I just wish we had someone that was more versatile in that position. I’m not a fan of sitters in the defensive midfield. Barry was one of the few players that played that role with aplomb, but he couldn’t recreate his first season after Jmac began to struggle.

He's just a bit too 'safe' in my opinion. I think between him and Gana, despite them being different 'styles' of defensive midfielder, neither are especially attacking enough. I think Schneiderlin has the capacity to be this kind of player out of the two because he does have a good passing range, but he needs to bring it forward more and take more risks. Push comes to shove, just have Gana cover him when he does.

He's just a bit too 'safe' in my opinion. I think between him and Gana, despite them being different 'styles' of defensive midfielder, neither are especially attacking enough. I think Schneiderlin has the capacity to be this kind of player out of the two because he does have a good passing range, but he needs to bring it forward more and take more risks. Push comes to shove, just have Gana cover him when he does.

Gueye attacks loads. Probably more than he should do in an ideal world.

His role has to be to link all of the play together and dictate the game. All we get is someone happy to play it backwards and sideways having no influence on the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.