Press Conference Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club really needs to take a look at how many players are getting injured in training. I don't feel any other club has as many as we do.

When we played Watford last season in the 3-2 win they had a considerable injury list of around a dozen first team players.

Already we're seeing a number of Everton players picking up injuries early on in the season.

Do we think this is just bad luck, or is it a product of Silva's methods?

There are one or two where it wasn't quite as totally unexpected.

I don't think Bernard had had much of a pre-season which may mean being more susceptible to muscle injuries, Gomez had been struggling to recover for some time and a setbacks possibly more likely. Mina was carrying the relatively minor but long standing foot injury and Jags is getting to old age where injuries happen more often.

May have a point though, to get so many at the same time and added to by Gana and Lookman looks suspicious.

I was hoping one or two are no more than not wanting to risk them in the league cup with any niggle, but hopefully the international break will help some.

Maybe at his presser today he should have just listed the players available as it would have been shorter and save time

:):)

Don’t really see how’s it’s an issue.
Mina has a foot injury and would of had it during the W.C we knew about that one
Gomes likewise was already injured just had a set back
Bernard hasn’t played competitively since feb and had a serious injury taking a knock is quite common

That's true that, Newcastle were renowned for having a permanently huge injury list even upto relatively recently

I remember when Martinez came in, because he was a Physio everyone reckoned it would improve our injury record, but Wigan had the worst injury record the year before.

Luck plays a part in injuries, they happen unfortunately.

In brief:

Bernard out tomorrow, small muscle problem, back in training next week. International break will be good for him.
Gueye possibly out too.
Lookman fit, trained today. He is staying but he has to work to take his position in the squad.
Keane progressing well. Back at Finch Farm.
Important to get stability at CB and CM for zonal marking. Having the same team on a roll makes it easier to implement new ideas but working on it.
Zouma and Holgate should start.
Not surprised by how well Digne played vs Rotherham. Quality player. He and Baines pushing each other.
Believes Tosun will bag. He's been important despite not bagging yet.
Jags is Captain. Was important to make Davies captain as he's progressing. No longer a kid.
Carabao is an important cup for us but was necessary to make changes with the turnaround. Glad the changed team played with the same identity as the first-choice team.

Cheers for that, helpful for those of us who missed out.

No surprises re injuries; hope Lookman takes the chance, even if it is to put himself in the shop window and Davies looked good (albeit against Rotherham) with the added responsibility of the armband - I’m all for continuing the experiment.

Is "important" the new "phenomenal"? Actually I thought he spoke very well considering he is speaking a foreign language - more intelligible than that gravy-swilling oaf!

He made reference to the big crowd, not necessarily meaning the good atmosphere and good clear answers about injuries and Richarlison

I like the cut of his gib.

Is "important" the new "phenomenal"? Actually I thought he spoke very well considering he is speaking a foreign language - more intelligible than that gravy-swilling oaf!

He made reference to the big crowd, not necessarily meaning the good atmosphere and good clear answers about injuries and Richarlison

I like the cut of his gib.

It's all about the "moments" with our Marco. He loves those moments, not just for him but for him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.