• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like your suggesting we dump players after having a run of decent games.

Baines, Jags and Keane were dung last season so 2 games (one were we conxeeded 2 and another we could have conceded more had Saints not been so poor infront of goal) should not be clouding a new managers mind.

If Zouma and Digne are fit to not play them is baffling.

Completely agree mate. Players need to be thrown in.

I think Silva is going to be a good manager but he's hesitated slaying sacred cows just like his predecessors.

It's his job at the end of the day. The players he entrusts with starting places especially will make or break him.
It just baffles me that he keeps underachievers in the Xl. I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he puts Digne, Mina and Gomes in once they’re fully match fit.

IF he doesn’t, then he won’t last long here. He has to win these next three home games, because if we throw points away from winning positions and against these types of teams at home, the doubt will start to set in. Once that happens, it’s very rare I’ve seen a manager turn the tide here.

Completely agree mate. Players need to be thrown in.

I think Silva is going to be a good manager but he's hesitated slaying sacred cows just like his predecessors.

It's his job at the end of the day. The players he entrusts with starting places especially will make or break him.

I think it's fair enough he sticks with the defence that has won. Whats most important though is changes come when mistakes are made. Thats probably what has let all managers down over the years, later Moyes wouldn't drop his favourites, Martinez persevered with Howard too long and we won't go into Allardyce/Koeman.

Digne should start next week. If fit I still think Holgate/Keane have done enough to retain a start but are on thin ground. Coleman likewise but he needs to up his game too.

Our full squad was only going to be available late September. We are muddling through until then and playing pretty well doing so.

The fact that even with 10 men we continue to have a go and play with a plan is a major positive. The only negative for me is we are too open on set plays. It's odd as we are so good going the other way. So I can't imagine he will ignore the importance. I think when we get Mina/Zouma in next to Keane it will help a lot.

It just baffles me that he keeps underachievers in the Xl. I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope he puts Digne, Mina and Gomes in once they’re fully match fit.

IF he doesn’t, then he won’t last long here. He has to win these next three home games, because if we throw points away from winning positions and against these types of teams at home, the doubt will start to set in. Once that happens, it’s very rare I’ve seen a manager turn the tide here.

We have played 2 very decent sides away, for about an hour in each with 10 men and got results. Bournemouth will be in the top half and Wolves won't be far off it mate. When we start playing rubbish like Brighton, West Ham, Palace etc we will be judged.

We have played 2 very decent sides away, for about an hour in each with 10 men and got results. Bournemouth will be in the top half and Wolves won't be far off it mate. When we start playing rubbish like Brighton, West Ham, Palace etc we will be judged.
They’re not two decent sides at all. They’ll both be bottom half fodder and if we want to start acting like a big club, then these are the teams we need to start beating regularly.

Our away form is pathetic and has been for too many years now.

They’re not two decent sides at all. They’ll both be bottom half fodder and if we want to start acting like a big club, then these are the teams we need to start beating regularly.

Our away form is pathetic and has been for too many years now.

I think it's quite clear they will at least half way up mate. Huddersfield, Fulham, Cardiff, West Ham, Burnley, Southampton, Crystal Palace, Brighton are all significantly worse than them, and thats just off the top of my head.

We do need to improve, especially defensive wise but it is going to take time and we need to be patient. We were absolutely crud when Silva took over and he (and Brands) have already cleared out a lot of dead wood and with basically the same bunch of players bar one as the other new signings are not yet ready, he is unbeaten and has got 5 points from 3 games, 2 of which were away and with 10 men. More than acceptable return when you consider just how crap we were. There are already signs of improvement under Silva. We are a lot more dangerous in attack, creating a lot more chances and a lot more enjoyable to watch and we have new players still to come in who will undoubtedly improve us further.

Got to give the man time as in full seasons and further transfer windows, not just a few games. Not many could change how crap we were in just a few games with the same players starting even though Silva already has significantly.

Going to be plenty of ups and downs as we progress through the season but we are definitely heading in the right direction imo.

Screenshot_20180826-181243.png

Surprisingly, we are only expected to get 0.18 points from the game statistically.

This is spot on, and said by someone who obvioulsy (like me) wishes Silva well.

The reality is that this club's support is volatile...they have been sionce Moshiri stepped in here promising the land of milk and honey. Silva needs to realise (and quick) that certain players at this club are shiftless gets who'll throw him under the bus and feed off fan discontent. He needs to be completely ruthless. Get shut of almost the entire defence at the first opportunity and have done with this. The Gordian knot needs to be sliced right through.

Status
Not open for further replies.