Barrett-Baxendale: Champions League isn't a dream. I'm planning for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can say mate, is that a good CEO would drive the business forward. This is particularly true of the commercial side of our business where we fall well below where we ought to be. That should be the prime focus of any Everton CEO. Grow commercial revenue. I don't mind DBB but we've not seen much shift in that regards yet, albeit it is early days.

Well all our current contracts are ongoing, so hard to judge until they are up renewal.

Well our kit deal with Umbro expires end of the season if I’m right. We currently get 6m per annum, what do we suggest to be a realistic target for us to achieve in a new deal. I’m guessing 8m a year with add ons taking us nearer to 10m if we land European football.

Well our kit deal with Umbro expires end of the season if I’m right. We currently get 6m per annum, what do we suggest to be a realistic target for us to achieve in a new deal. I’m guessing 8m a year with add ons taking us nearer to 10m if we land European football.

Something like Uniteds 75m a year Nike deal would be super.

:hayee::hayee::hayee:

I think/hope that the search for a top CEO is currently ongoing in the background, with roles being delegated between several board members to reduce risk of catastrophe in the short-term, and with DBB acting as the face of the business (which she's done fantastically so far) , thereby keeping lines of communication open between club and fans.
Often in business it'll take 18 months notice to prise a top CEO from another company, and so I think/hope we may see another restructuring once a) our man/woman becomes available to take the reins here, and b) Moshiri exercises his options from Kenwright/Woods and asserts his influence further at board level.

How many weeks since she has been appointed ? Is it expected that every aspect of the business will improve miraculously overnight ?

As with any new management she needs to be given time to put her stamp on the clubs activities.

If promises and ambitions were bricks and mortar we'd have had two stadiums built by now.

This club chats utter wham and then peddles water as an also ran. There's been no proper standards here since the late 80s. This one - Barrett-Baxendale - is the latest in a long line of prevaricators.
So what would you like her to say?

So what would you like her to say?
If there's nothing substantial happening I'd like that honesty.

It'd be refreshing if she came out and stated: "Look, we know things are not where we'd want them to be - and our fans have suffered huge let downs in the past on finding a new stadium. This, of necessity, is a long process but one that will be expidited when our search for investors bears fruit".

At least that would win some approval just by being honest that matters are shifting along at a glacial pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.