• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a feeling no one, January is a bad time to get players. With the signings we have made reckon we will be saving money to convert loans to full signings if they prove successful.
I reckon we'll probably sign some U23s in January. Possibly players like Lookman, Stones or Holgate who've been getting games at lower league clubs.

Who do you think Brands / Silva would spend big on in Jan to kick us forward in that situation?

If not an actual player, what type of player?

If we could grab a prolific striker that would be a game changer. I know he is a little old but we were linked with Cavani last year, if we could get him in Jan that would be amazing.

It will surely depend what position has been lacking before that.

Yes, agreed. I suppose I should have said, where do you see us lacking before then.

A few people have suggested centre forward. I do like Tosun, but he needs to chip in same as last season.

Will be interesting to see the midfield with everyone fit. Whether Schneiderlin can maintain his form or Gomes comes in and does well.

I think he'd be closer than we think. I'm not sure he's that far behind Firmino, he works incredibly hard, links play well. He probably lacks a yard of pace. I think he surprises a few though. You can't dispute the lads work rate as well and hopefully if we take 2 years to establish ourselves in the top 6 he will be fine for that.

My gut feeling is Richarlinson may move inside. Tosun will hold fort until he is ready to do so.

tenor.gif

Yes, agreed. I suppose I should have said, where do you see us lacking before then.

A few people have suggested centre forward. I do like Tosun, but he needs to chip in same as last season.

Will be interesting to see the midfield with everyone fit. Whether Schneiderlin can maintain his form or Gomes comes in and does well.

Its hard to say at this point, I suppose it also depends on whos available also, I think we lack quality up top and in midfield, I mean im not bashing Tosun, but we could certainly do with another option that wasnt a comedy striker or a young lad learning his trade.

Im hoping Gomes can come in and improve our midfield, but ideally we could do with a little more quality.

As much as I love Gana the way Silva has name checked Schneiderlin as a 6 I'm assuming Gomes will be played alongside Morgan.
A midfield of Gylfi, Morgan and Gomes? That would get exposed by any decent side. No true ball winners in that three. Also he name checked Morgan to explain how his formation changes depending on the profile of his 6..he said morgan likes to drop deep and be isolated. I think Gana could play as a 6 if he had a passer like Gomes next to him. As we know Gana sometimes struggles in possession but if he always has a good outlet then hes fine.

A midfield of Gylfi, Morgan and Gomes? That would get exposed by any decent side. No true ball winners in that three. Also he name checked Morgan to explain how his formation changes depending on the profile of his 6..he said morgan likes to drop deep and be isolated. I think Gana could play as a 6 if he had a passer like Gomes next to him. As we know Gana sometimes struggles in possession but if he always has a good outlet then hes fine.
Like I said I love Gana and would play him over Morgan in any position in any system I was trying to get into Silva's mind but if I read the quote wrong fair enough.

Tosun is giving us a focal point for the three behind to work around.

At the moment, that's as important as having someone who scores 15 per-season, because it gives us a basis that we didn't have last year and then it's on the attacking midfielders to come up with the goods.

Of course, Tosun then needs to get the goals himself, but he's shown already that when he gets a chance with us he has the ability to finish it.

Status
Not open for further replies.