• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it interesting the poor starts that Fulham, West Ham and, to a slightly lesser degree, Wolves have made to the season.

All of those clubs were singled out for praise for their activity in the transfer market, with majority of their purchases being new to the premier league. Obviously, and perhaps understandably, they are taking time to gel, and perhaps the foreign players are struggling to adapt to the premier league.

Compare that to Everton. We have so far only played Riki, who already has a season in the premier under his belt. The rest of the summer signings haven't even seen the light of day. A lot of us are frustrated at this and impatient to see them in blue. But maybe, just maybe, we mow have a manager that actually knows what he's doing, an isn't prepared to risk them until he knows they are ready, both physically and mentally.

also shows what a numpty pellegrini is. The other two managers are young and new to the prem, he's been here before and is massively experienced ... but still making a rookie mistake.

this is how silva attacked teams at watford and it was refreshing, they were utterly battering chelsea at stamford bridge but his players weren't good enough in the end and crumbled.

But koeman did the same at soton, i don't know wtf happened here, maybe he felt he didn't have the right players, but why didn't he buy said players? At leats martinez gave it a go, we, this season will have the attacking players to hurt all the top teams, coupled with none of them having great defences either. There's no reason why we can't go toe to toe and outscore some of them. Teams like bournemouth go to these grounds and end up winning because they try too, and they don't even have much quality. All to do with mentality.
Part of that comes from the fans/the club overall though.

How many times have we seen away fans coming here and doing the conga or singing 'we're gonna win 5-4' or something when we're hammering them. Doesn't happen in our end, we either stay and boo or all go the pub. The idea of just having a go and seeing what happens just doesn't work for a club like Everton. Think of a game like our 3-3 at Stamford Bridge a few years ago, if that's Bournemouth their fans will come away talking about what a great day they had and it was a shame they couldn't hold on, but we were absolutely livid. I was in the away end and there were more than a few broken seats that people had booted.

Bournemouth (and the like) don't have a 'winning' mentality, they just have a 'let's treat this as an adventure' mentality. There's a big difference, and I have no interest in Everton being the sort of club where we accept losing 5-0 four times on the basis that we might win the fifth one.

Part of that comes from the fans/the club overall though.

How many times have we seen away fans coming here and doing the conga or singing 'we're gonna win 5-4' or something when we're hammering them. Doesn't happen in our end, we either stay and boo or all go the pub. The idea of just having a go and seeing what happens just doesn't work for a club like Everton. Think of a game like our 3-3 at Stamford Bridge a few years ago, if that's Bournemouth their fans will come away talking about what a great day they had and it was a shame they couldn't hold on, but we were absolutely livid. I was in the away end and there were more than a few broken seats that people had booted.

Bournemouth (and the like) don't have a 'winning' mentality, they just have a 'let's treat this as an adventure' mentality. There's a big difference, and I have no interest in Everton being the sort of club where we accept losing 5-0 four times on the basis that we might win the fifth one.

yeah but bournemouth are a fourth tier club whereas evetron are an english giant who demand more. I think their fans are probably enjoying it knowing full well it'll end soon and then they'll go back down the leagues. We've had so many years in the prem that going places like stamford bridge isn't a celebration in itself. Given how little we win at such places and how we were disgustingly robbed, no wonder there was loads of broken seats.

yeah but bournemouth are a fourth tier club whereas evetron are an english giant who demand more. I think their fans are probably enjoying it knowing full well it'll end soon and then they'll go back down the leagues. We've had so many years in the prem that going places like stamford bridge isn't a celebration in itself. Given how little we win at such places and how we were disgustingly robbed, no wonder there was loads of broken seats.
Yeah that's my point. It's easy for Bournemouth to go away and 'have a go' because their fans will just treat it as part of the ride even if they get snotted. If we turn up at Old Trafford going toe to toe and find ourselves 3-0 down at half time then the knives will be out because we expect better. When we talk about 'mentality' it's a lot easier to have their mentality (give it a go, hope for the best) than it is to have the type we would need, which would be turning up there genuinely expecting to win.

I'm not sure we can put the 2016 draw down to a tactical masterpiece though! That was honestly one of the most sided games of football I've ever seen, anywhere. How on earth we got away with a draw i'll never know.

True.

But certain managers do definitely know how to get the better of others, even if it's a bit of luck as well.

Klopp, for example, certainly had the edge on Pep overall last season, even though the RS got typically lucky with City having three perfectly good goals ruled out.

I think the true test will be how he sets the team up against the likes of Man City.

Not that I watched a lot of Hull or Watford games when he was there, but he doesn`t appear to ever set his teams up to nick a point.

He definitley doesn’t set up to take a point.

I watched a live Sky game last year were Watford went to Chelsea and lost. The lost was a bit like the loss at our place though, were you think keep playing like that and you’ll be picking up lots of points on the road this season,

They completely took the game to Chelsea and ran them ragged at times much more so than they did at Goodison.

He’s going to do very well for us this year with the squad he has available to him, which is on another level to what he had at Watford. Also, if we’re around the top 4 in January you just know we’ll spend big to kick on.

True.

But certain managers do definitely know how to get the better of others, even if it's a bit of luck as well.

Klopp, for example, certainly had the edge on Pep overall last season, even though the RS got typically lucky with City having three perfectly good goals ruled out.

Didn't they get snotted away at the Etihad?

Got a few players tailor made for Marcos system if we employ a high press.
Richy, Glfyi, tosun, Gana and niasse are absolute 3 lung terriers off the ball. Could add Davies, Walcott, seamie, Dinge and Mcarthy as well as players that could be suited to a high press.

Status
Not open for further replies.