• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mane and Salah are probably the fastest players in the league full stop, Walcott is slower but not by much, Richarlison can’t compare to the 3 in terms of flat out speed.

Mane and Salah are probably the fastest players in the league full stop, Walcott is slower but not by much, Richarlison can’t compare to the 3 in terms of flat out speed.

Aye, Richarlison is more about pace and power as a combination - driving forward with the ball, not without it.

Walcott is better with his runs off the ball, at least in terms of his flat out pace.

Salah and Mane are great at both, unfortunately.

Thing is, that's fine in theory but we don't really like it in practice. When we got beat 4-0 at Anfield having had 61% possession and 19 shots, nobody came on here and said 'wasn't it great to see us having a go?'. If you go toe to toe with teams who are better than you, you will usually lose, and often lose badly, so I can completely understand (and agree with) the decision to change things when you're playing a better side.

The key for me is to have a good manager/coach who is capable of devising different ways of playing depending on who the opposition is. I have no interest in seeing us going to City and playing like we did against Wolves, because, frankly, they'd annihilate us and potentially shake both the players and fans faith in the system and tactics. Then again, nor would I want to see us play like we did there last season, showing absolutely no ambition at all after going a goal up. A happy medium is fine, acknowledging that you're playing a team who can hurt you but still having every intention of attacking whenever you can. If Silva can start to find a balance that our last few managers have failed to in that respect, I'll be very happy.

It's weird how Koeman always seemed to have the edge on Pep during his time here, in this regard.

You don't need GCEs to know the difference between there and they're, or there and their. It's basic English.

..apologies for intervening but personally, I don’t think it’s right to correct folk on grammar. None of us know what medical or social problems people have in their lives. As long as you can understand what they’re posting then it should suffice on a footy forum.

I’ll get back in my box now.

I think that's been our problem, personally, Fred.

We seem to always concede what we are decent at (which hasn't been much) in order to survive.

Against the top 4 i'd go full pelt. If we get leathered, we get leathered. But the confused message of "we are building a football club to be successful" but then show our arse to any decent team will come back to haunt us.

Go to the RS, defend high but press high- put that defence under pressure, have Keita wonder what the bloody hell has hit him and turn that CM into a bloodbath.

It may be suicide at present but i'd rather us go out on our sword for once. Play the same way against Utd, Arsenal etc and we have nothing to fear.

this is how silva attacked teams at watford and it was refreshing, they were utterly battering chelsea at stamford bridge but his players weren't good enough in the end and crumbled.

But koeman did the same at soton, i don't know wtf happened here, maybe he felt he didn't have the right players, but why didn't he buy said players? At leats martinez gave it a go, we, this season will have the attacking players to hurt all the top teams, coupled with none of them having great defences either. There's no reason why we can't go toe to toe and outscore some of them. Teams like bournemouth go to these grounds and end up winning because they try too, and they don't even have much quality. All to do with mentality.

..being pedantic, I would’ve liked Silva to say the first goal wasn’t from a rehearsed set piece. Tongue in cheek, keep the opposition guessing. Great to see some innovation from the coaches.

i doubt anyone would have believed him haha tbf there's so many different routines we can practice and it seems from his words, that was specific for soton. So if we have specific set pieces for teams in our minds, they're constantly on the back foot worrying about what we'll do to them.

When we progress and have a 6 foot 5 giant with another 6 foot centre back waiting for one of bernard, suggy and baines to plant one in the box on their nod, they will be worrying about that even more. It also makes the "foul richarlison every two minutes" tactic even more dangerous too.

..apologies for intervening but personally, I don’t think it’s right to correct folk on grammar. None of us know what medical or social problems people have in their lives. As long as you can understand what they’re posting then it should suffice on a footy forum.

I’ll get back in my box now.
I know that, @Eggs.I wasn't so much correcting spelling as picking up on the rs's sarcastic remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.