Match Thread Everton v Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the same way as I tell a child I don’t like their behaviour, rather than saying I don’t like them (even if I don’t), he actually insinuated that they were behaving like kopites (still a nasty insult) rather than saying they are kopites
image.jpeg

The pace in the team against their slugs is going to help loads. Hopefully see Baines (wind back the clock) and Coleman over and underlapping.

First game I’ve been optimistic about in almost a year.

The last Southampton win at Goodison was in 1997 on the back of a win for us in the derby. Carlton Palmer (!) bossed the show for them in the middle of the park as our boo boys came out in a low turnout in protest of Peter Johnson.

Times have changed.

Could say the same about Schneiderlin. He is not great with intercepting opposition play, which is required heavily by the position he plays. He is terrible with possession either, hides behind his marker when our center backs have the ball and looking for passing alternatives. If he gets the ball somehow, immediately looks for Gana, if he fails to find him, just passes back to center backs or takes all the time in the world to play safe. He does not support the winger on his side by forming triangles. He extremely slows down the build up play with his hesitation to connect with wingers and Siggy.

Might be an issue with the Wolves game and he might outperform in the next game but Davies offers more dynamicism than Schneiderlin, both in defense and attack with his agility.

Agree re Schneiderlin, too! Not saying that Davies isn’t a better option, but that doesn’t necessarily make him a good option!

I’d prefer Gylfi back there when Bernard is fit, obviously Gomes will be an option in a couple of weeks and then beyond that I guess you’ve got Davies and Beni rotating to get some game time and experience, perhaps in “easier”, home games.

If I had my way, a Ligue 1 club will be swooping in with the better part of £20m for Schneiderlin before the end of the month...

Were you saying this before his good run of form early last season?

Young players have longer and more frequent runs of poor form than your more established, experienced players. He was played too often last season IMO and he struggled toward the end because of it.

If I’m honest, I can’t recall any sort of sustained period of form from him, but I appreciate that’s all subjective.

In my humble opinion, everyone got swept up in the hype over our young talent on the back of the 4-0 against City and he’s ridden that wave ever since.

Agree re Schneiderlin, too! Not saying that Davies isn’t a better option, but that doesn’t necessarily make him a good option!

I’d prefer Gylfi back there when Bernard is fit, obviously Gomes will be an option in a couple of weeks and then beyond that I guess you’ve got Davies and Beni rotating to get some game time and experience, perhaps in “easier”, home games.

If I had my way, a Ligue 1 club will be swooping in with the better part of £20m for Schneiderlin before the end of the month...

I totally agree with Siggy back there, I even expected Silva to do that when Jags got sent off. Subbing Siggy and keeping Schneiderlin basically shattered any chance of fast counter attacks or holding the ball with passing play, thus inviting more pressure leading to that second goal.

I totally agree with Siggy back there, I even expected Silva to do that when Jags got sent off. Subbing Siggy and keeping Schneiderlin basically shattered any chance of fast counter attacks or holding the ball with passing play, thus inviting more pressure leading to that second goal.

Spot on. So many good runs in the channels by Walcott and Richarlison completely ignored in favour of a sideways pass to Gana or Baines.

Id rather besic than schneiderlin gives us more fight knows how to win the ball back. Is it worth risking playing with then men again though :red:

Status
Not open for further replies.